Category:Government ministries of Japan
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ministries of Japan.|
A Japanese agency (chō) is a "junior ministry" so to speak; it is not a subordinate part of any other ministry, and is different from a ministry only in that its chief is recognized as a ministerial (twelve member cabinet-level) position. Any chō can potentially be elevated to a full ministry during reorganization to reflect policy shifts (and a ministry likewise be downgraded to an agency, or merged with other ministries to make room for an agency to become a new ministry).
Defunct ministries and agencies should be classed into Category:Former government ministries of Japan
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
- ► Attached organizations (4 P)
- ► Cabinet Office (Japan) (8 P)
- ► Former government ministries of Japan (1 C, 27 P)
- ► Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (Japan) (1 C, 4 P)
- ► Government ministers of Japan (16 C, 259 P)
The following 18 pages are in this category, out of 18 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).