|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tanakh.|
Many scholars advocate use of the term Hebrew Bible as a neutral substitute in English to be preferred in academic writing over Old Testament, which alludes to the Christian doctrine of supersessionism, and Tanakh, the common Hebrew acronym which may be unfamiliar in other languages.
This is one of a series of categories for articles relating to matters in those books of the Bible which both Jews and Christians recognise as canonical. For the purposes of Wikipedia categories, Hebrew Bible refers only to those books in the Jewish Tanakh, which is the same as the Protestant Old Testament. In the case of categories where there are articles about similar matters in the deuterocanonical books which Catholic and Orthodox churches include in the Bible, there should be a corresponding head category described as "Old Testament". Such articles should be categorised under "Old Testament Apocrypha".
This category has the following 20 subcategories, out of 20 total.
- ► Books of the Hebrew Bible (3 C)
- ► Hebrew Bible chapters (1 C, 24 P)
- ► Deities in the Hebrew Bible (1 C, 59 P)
- ► Hebrew Bible events (3 C, 24 P)
- ► Films based on the Hebrew Bible (2 C, 51 P)
- ► Hebrew Bible geography (4 C, 2 P)
- ► Jewish biblical scholars (67 P)
- ► Old Testament-related lists (5 P)
- ► Hebrew Bible manuscripts (1 C, 14 P)
- ► Hebrew Bible objects (12 P)
- ► Hebrew Bible verses (16 P)
- ► Hebrew Bible words and phrases (3 C, 58 P)
- ► Hebrew Bible stubs (425 P)
- ► Hebrew Bible templates (2 C, 18 P)
Pages in category "Hebrew Bible"
The following 72 pages are in this category, out of 72 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).