Category:History of Zimbabwe
This category includes articles on the history of Zimbabwe, a sovereign state in southern Africa.
The country has been officially called Zimbabwe since 1980, when its name was formally changed from Southern Rhodesia, the name given to it by the British South Africa Company in 1895. Southern Rhodesia was often simply called Rhodesia, particularly between 1964 and 1980. The name Zimbabwe Rhodesia was briefly used in 1979. For articles relevant to the country's history between 1890 and 1980, see also Category:Rhodesia and Category:History of Rhodesia.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to History of Zimbabwe.|
This category has the following 24 subcategories, out of 24 total.
- ► History of Zimbabwean cricket (5 C, 4 P)
- ► Disasters in Zimbabwe (5 C, 4 P)
- ► Jewish Zimbabwean history (1 C, 3 P)
- ► Zimbabwean revolutionaries (1 C, 4 P)
- ► Zimbabwe history stubs (60 P)
Pages in category "History of Zimbabwe"
The following 94 pages are in this category, out of 94 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Zimbabwe African National Liberation Army
- Zimbabwe African National Union
- Zimbabwe African People's Union
- Zimbabwe and the Commonwealth of Nations
- Zimbabwe Democracy and Economic Recovery Act of 2001
- Zimbabwe People's Revolutionary Army
- Zimbabwe Rhodesia
- Zimbabwe women's national field hockey team at the 1980 Summer Olympics
- Zimbabwean cholera outbreak