Category:Knights Commander of the Order of the Bath
There are four categories for Knights of the (Order of the) Bath,
- Category:Knights of the Bath - These were special knighthoods conferred on important Royal occasions such as coronations, a practice which had died out by the time of Charles II. These knighthoods predate the modern Order of the Bath.
- Category:Knights Companion of the Order of the Bath (KB) - Knights created in the period between the 'revival'/creation of the Order of the Bath in 1725 and its expansion from a one class order to a three class order in 1815. Those Knights Companion still living in 1815 automatically became Knights Grand Cross.
- Category:Knights Commander of the Order of the Bath (KCB) - Since 1815 this has been the second level of the Order of the Bath (ranking below Knights Grand Cross and above Companions). Military officers have been appointed to this rank since 1815, civilians from 1847.
- Category:Knights Grand Cross of the Order of the Bath (GCB) - Since 1815 this has been the highest level of the Order of the Bath.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Knights Commander of the Order of the Bath|
This category has only the following subcategory.
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 1,400 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).(previous 200) (next 200)
Media in category "Knights Commander of the Order of the Bath"
This category contains only the following file.
- Gen Sir Francis Davies...