||Pages in this category should be moved to subcategories where applicable.
This category may require frequent maintenance to avoid becoming too large. It should directly contain very few, if any, articles and should mainly contain subcategories.
Calcutta is the capital of the Indian state of West Bengal. Its original name was Kalikata and is, in higher literature, still referred to as such. Speakers of the region's native language of Bengali have always known it as Kolkata (কলকাতা) and there is consequently no standardized phonetic spelling of 'Calcutta' in written Bengali. It was officially changed to Kolkata as of 2001, though the British appellation is still often used in the rest of the world.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kolkata.|
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- ► Buildings and structures in Kolkata (18 C, 52 P)
- ► Kolkata culture (10 C, 100 P)
- ► Kolkata-related lists (10 P)
- ► Organisations based in Kolkata (2 C, 55 P)
- ► People from Kolkata (5 C, 749 P)
- ► Sport in Kolkata (6 C, 21 P)
- ► Transport in Kolkata (5 C, 32 P)
- ► Visitor attractions in Kolkata (7 C, 58 P)
Pages in category "Kolkata"
The following 16 pages are in this category, out of 16 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).