|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Percussion instruments.|
Although this category is not itself a container category, ideally it will not contain any articles on particular instruments. Rather these articles should each be in at least one of each of the direct or indirect subcategories of the four container categories:
- Category:Percussion instruments by means of sound production. This normally corresponds to its Hornbostel-Sachs designation.
- Category:Percussion instruments by playing technique. How is the instrument played?
- Category:Percussion instruments by tradition. How did the instrument originate?
- Category:Percussion instruments by usage. How is the instrument used now?
It is not unusual to find articles in several of these subcategories, for example a bell may be used as either pitched percussion or unpitched percussion. But note also that some second level subcategories cover more than one means of classification, for example Category:Hand drums identifies both the playing technique and the means of sound production, and Category:African drums both the tradition and means of sound production, so an instrument in such a category may be in fewer than four categories and still adequately categorised.
- List of percussion instruments.
- List of percussion instruments by type.
- Classification of percussion instruments.
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
- ► Bells (instrument) (5 C, 69 P)
- ► Lists of percussion instruments (15 P)
Pages in category "Percussion instruments"
The following 96 pages are in this category, out of 96 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).