|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Police officers.|
Police and sheriff's patrol officers maintain order, enforce laws and ordinances, and protect life and property within an assigned area. Depending on local law, they may perform a combination of the following duties: patrol a specific area on foot or in a vehicle; direct traffic; issue traffic summonses; investigate accidents; maintain public order; perform escort duties; apprehend and arrest suspects; or serve legal processes of courts.
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- ► Police unions (1 C, 25 P)
- ► Women police officers (3 C, 22 P)
- ► Police officers killed in the line of duty (6 C, 13 P)
- ► Murdered police officers (17 C, 6 P)
- ► Police officers with criminal convictions (10 C, 3 P)