Category:South West Pacific theatre of World War II
It included the Philippines, Borneo, the Dutch East Indies (excluding Sumatra), Australia, the Territory of New Guinea (including the Bismarck Archipelago), the western part of the Solomon Islands and some neighbouring territories.
The area was defined by reference to the Allied supreme command for the area, which was known simply as the Southwest Pacific Area (SWPA). On 30 March 1942, the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) divided the Pacific Theater of Operations (PTO) into two operational command areas: the SWPA and the Pacific Ocean Areas.
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
- ► Bataan Death March (1 C, 8 P)
- ► Indonesia in World War II (2 C, 3 P)
- ► Papua New Guinea in World War II (2 C, 32 P)
- ► Military history of the Philippines during World War II (7 C, 90 P)
- ► Solomon Islands in World War II (2 C, 11 P)
The following 176 pages are in this category, out of 176 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).