From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Toponymy.|
Toponymy is the study of place names.
This category has the following 17 subcategories, out of 17 total.
- ► Anthropomorphic geographic features (1 C, 61 P)
- ► British toponymy (5 C, 6 P)
- ► Demonyms (3 C, 47 P)
- ► Gazetteers (1 C, 25 P)
- ► Hydronymy (1 C, 11 P)
- ► Native American toponymy (4 P)
- ► Place names (9 C, 20 P)
- ► Scottish toponymy (2 C, 17 P)
- ► Toponymists (25 P)
- ► Welsh toponymy (1 C, 2 P)
- ► Zoomorphic geographic features (23 P)
Pages in category "Toponymy"
The following 36 pages are in this category, out of 36 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- List of Bergen, New Netherland placename etymologies
- List of Celtic place names in Galicia
- List of Chinook Jargon place names
- List of continent name etymologies
- List of double placenames
- List of etymologies of country subdivision names
- List of foods and drinks named after places
- List of geographic names of Iranian origin
- List of New Netherland placename etymologies
- List of place names of French origin in the United States
- List of placenames of indigenous origin in the Americas
- List of Scottish place names in Sri Lanka
- List of words derived from toponyms
- Lost toponym