Category:Vertical transport devices
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vertical transport devices.|
Transport devices which primary use is to transport in a vertical direction (although as a side effect they may also transport in a horizontal direction). These include:
- Cable cars, inlined planes, funiculars and rack railways
- Chair lifts, detachable chairlifts, funitels, gondola lifts and ski tows
- Elevators (classical lifts)
- Escalators and inclined travelators
- Locks, boat lifts and inclined planes (on canals and rivers)
- Skyhooks and space elevators (although these do not exist yet, they are a form of elevator)
See Also: The Society for Vertical Transportation
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.
The following 61 pages are in this category, out of 61 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).