|WikiProject Systems||(Rated Category-class)|
Restructuring April 2007
High category maintenance
The following administrative messages are moved from the article:
- This category is for high-level categories associated with the concept of systems. Articles should be placed in sub-categories.
These messages are moved to make room for explainations about where the category is about. - Mdd 21:13, 31 July 2007 (UTC)
Evaluation & reorganization
After discussions at the WikiProject Systems I started this evaluation to clarify the bottlenecks in the current situation. I hereby wants to review the current situation and evaluate the changes in the old situation  and the current situation .
First of all: The old situation  exited from 2004 to March 2007. Then it was tagged as "Categories requiring diffusion" and weeks later nominated for deletion and then deleted.
- Mdd 13:32, 27 July 2007 (UTC)
Instead of starting a whole new discussion I made a listing of all the sorts of systems, the Wikipedia has an article about. See: Wikipedia:WikiProject Systems/List of systems (thematically)
This list gives an overview of most general type of systems. With references (the see also messages) these systems are brought back to a small number of independent types of systems. These are:
- Computer system
- Economic system
- Geographical systems
- Mathematical systems
- Nervous system
- Organs systems
- Physical system
- Political systems
- Sensory systems
- Technology systems
Now the categories about these systems have been partly replaced under the category systems. Exceptions are the Nervous system, Organs systems, Sensory systemsare which are now placed under the biological systems.
The list can be further developed as a reference of were to categorize new articles. - Mdd 21:31, 31 July 2007 (UTC)
Re-using this category
Two steps have already been made to start using the category again:
- Removal of the catdiffuse-template and the rule that articles should be placed in sub-categories. These rules are replace by a short explanation
- Beside the existing categories five categories Category:Conceptual systems -- Category:Physical systems -- Category:Social systems -- Category:Systems theory and Category:Systems science thirteen other important systems categories are added: Category:Astronomical dynamical systems -- Category:Biological systems -- Category:Classification systems -- Category:Coordinate systems -- Category:Dynamical systems -- Category:Economic systems -- Category:Information systems -- Category:Legal systems -- Category:Management systems, Category:Political systems -- Category:Software systems -- Category:Technology systems and Category:Writing systems to a total of 18 categories.
Now there are two more steps I like to implement:
- This category should contain all articles which are of top importance to the systems concept.
- This category shouldn't have any rules like Articles should be placed in sub-categories. But this category should be regularly checked, and new articles should be assessed, evaluated and if necessary recategorized (by members of the WikiProject Systems) .
This last step is an important reference to get an impression of new developments in the field of systems and systems science.
Now I have implemented these last two steps. If somebody does or don't agree, please let me know - Mdd 20:10, 7 August 2007 (UTC)