|Designer(s)||Mark Smith (Technical Director)|
|Suspension (front)||Carbon fibre suspension arms, push rod actuated|
|Suspension (rear)||Carbon fibre suspension arms, pull rod actuated|
|Engine||Renault RS27-2013 2.4 L (146 cu in) V8 (90°). Naturally aspirated, 18,000 RPM limited with KERS, mid-mounted.|
|Transmission||Red Bull Technology 7 speed gearbox|
ATL fuel cell
|Tyres||Pirelli P Zero (dry), Cinturato (wet)
|Notable entrants||Caterham F1 Team|
|Notable drivers||20. Charles Pic
21. Giedo van der Garde
|Debut||2013 Australian Grand Prix|
The Caterham CT03 is a Formula One racing car designed by Mark Smith for the Caterham F1 team. It was used during the 2013 Formula One season, where it was driven by Charles Pic and Giedo van der Garde. The car was unveiled on the eve of testing for the 2013 season at the Circuito de Jerez.
The CT03 aroused controversy during pre-season testing. Lotus technical director James Allison observed details of the car's exhaust outlet that he believed contravened Article 5.8.4 of the technical regulations, that prohibits the use of bodywork within a defined area with respect to the exhaust outlet. The FIA later deemed this system to be illegal. After driving the car during FP1 at Bahrain, Heikki Kovalainen stated the car was basically the previous year's car with nothing done to it.
After the initial three races of the season the CT03 received a major upgrade to improve handling and performance. The most noticeable part of this was the introduction of a vanity panel over the stepped-nose. Later in the season the vanity panel was removed again and the car was raced for the rest of the season without it.
Complete Formula One results
(key) (results in bold indicate pole position; results in italics indicate fastest lap)
|2013||Caterham F1 Team||Renault RS27-2013||P|
|Giedo van der Garde||18||15||18||21||Ret||15||Ret||18||18||14||16||18||16||15||Ret||Ret||18||19||18|
- "Caterham F1 Team - The Car". Caterhamf1.com. Retrieved 2013-09-04.
- Noble, Jonathan; Beer, Matt (11 December 2013). "F1 teams expert enough to avoid early tyre struggles – Ross Brawn". Autosport.com (Haymarket Publications). Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- "Marussia driver Charles Pic switches to Caterham for 2013". BBC Sport (BBC Sport). 23 November 2012. Retrieved 23 November 2012.
- "Van der Garde to race for Caterham". GPUpdate.net (GPUpdate). 1 February 2013. Retrieved 1 February 2013.
- Collantine, Keith (21 January 2013). "Caterham CT03 to debut at start of Jerez test". F1 Fanatic (Keith Collantine). Retrieved 21 January 2013.
- Noble, Jonathan (6 February 2013). "Caterham shrugs off Lotus's suggestion of illegal exhaust". Autosport.com (Haymarket Publications). Retrieved 7 February 2013.
- "Formula 1 Technical Regulations — Engines and KERS". formula1.com. Formula One Administration. Retrieved 7 February 2013.
- Benson, Andrew (19 February 2013). "Williams and Caterham exhaust designs deemed 'illegal'". BBC F1 (BBC). Retrieved 19 February 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Caterham CT03.|