|Born||Caterina Reminy Scorsone
October 16, 1981
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Spouse(s)||Rob Giles (2009–present)|
Caterina Reminy Scorsone (born October 16, 1981) is a Canadian actress.
Scorsone is best known for her roles on television. She starred as lead character in the Lifetime crime drama series, Missing from 2003 to 2006. She is best known for her role as Amelia Shepherd in the ABC medical dramas Private Practice and Grey's Anatomy. Scorsone also has starred in the number of television films, most notable Alice (2009).
Scorsone was born in Toronto, Ontario. She is the middle child of five in her family. Her 4 siblings include: 2 older twin sisters and 2 younger siblings: a sister and a brother. One of her older sisters is the actress Francesca Scorsone. (b. 1977) She attended the Cardinal Carter Academy for the Arts in Toronto where she starred in Oklahoma! and several other productions, as well as alternative school Subway Academy II. In addition, she attended Trinity College in the University of Toronto, majoring in Literary Studies and minoring in Philosophy , and in 2005 finished her studies there.
Scorsone's first TV appearances were regular guest spots as a child on the Canadian children's TV show Mr. Dressup starting at age eight. In 1998, she had a role in one of CBC radio's Mystery Project shows called, Peggy Delaney. Scorsone played the estranged fifteen-year-old daughter, Amber, who comes from Vancouver to stay with her mom for a school term in Toronto.
Scorsone had her breakthrough after leading role in the Lifetime crime drama series 1-800-Missing, from 2003 to 2006. She played the part of Jess Mastriani, a young woman who sees missing persons in visions. After Jess saved some missing persons, she joined the FBI, where a special squad was formed around her, to find missing persons. In 2009, she starred as Alice Hamilton on the Showcase TV miniseries Alice which was later broadcast on Syfy in America.
In 2010, Scorsone joined the cast of Shonda Rhimes' drama series Private Practice in the recurring role of Amelia Shepherd, the sister of Derek Shepherd from Grey's Anatomy. She was cast after Eric Stoltz, who was directing one of the show's episodes, heard about the role of Amelia and remembered Scorsone from working with her on My Horrible Year!. He mentioned her to Shonda Rhimes and commented on the resemblance Scorsone had to Patrick Dempsey (the actor who plays Derek Shepherd). As of July 2010, Scorsone had been promoted to series regular for Private Practice. She appeared in the third episode of the seventh season of Grey's Anatomy where she and Derek started to reconcile their differences.
In March 2014, Scorsone returned to Grey's Anatomy after a 3 year absence as a recurring guest star. In June of the same year, it was announced that she was promoted to series regular status for the show's 11th season.
Scorsone is married to Rob Giles of The Rescues since June 2009. On July 6, 2012, she delivered daughter Eliza at her home in Los Angeles, California. Her pregnancy was written into her character's storyline.
|1995||When the Dark Man Calls||Angie||Television film|
|1995||Shock Treatment||Robyn Belmore||Television film|
|1996||Ready or Not||Colleen||Episode: "The Girlfriend"|
|1996||Flash Forward||Darby||Episode: "Saboteurs"|
|1996||Psi Factor: Chronicles of the Paranormal||Megan Lester||Episode: "Possession/Man Out of Time"|
|1998||Once a Thief||Alice 'Allegra' Mansfield||Episode: "Little Sister"|
|1996, 1998||Goosebumps||Jessica Walters / Sara Kramer||4 episodes|
|1998||The Hairy Bird||Susie|
|1998||Rescuers: Stories of Courage: Two Families||Irena Csizmadia||Television film|
|1999||The Devil's Arithmetic||Jessica||Television film|
|1999||The Third Miracle||Maria Witkowski|
|2000||Rated X||Liberty||Television film|
|2000||Common Ground||Peggy||Television film|
|1998-2000||Power Play||Michelle Parker||Series regular, 26 episodes
Nominated — Gemini Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Supporting Role in a Dramatic Series (1999)
|2001||Borderline Normal||Beth||Television film|
|2001||My Horrible Year!||'Babyface' Hamilton||Television film|
|2002||The Associates||Anna Clay||2 episodes|
|2003-2006||1-800-Missing||Jess Mastriani||Series regular, 55 episodes|
|2008||The Border||Sorrayya||Episode: "Enemy Contact"|
|2009||The Guard||Beth||Episode: "The Beacon"|
|2008-2009||Crash||Callie Wilkinson||4 episodes|
|2009||Castle||Joanne Delgado||Episode: "Home Is Where the Heart Stops"|
Nominated — Gemini Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Dramatic Program or Mini-Series
|2010||Edge of Darkness||Melissa|
|2010, 2012, 2014–present||Grey's Anatomy||Amelia Shepherd||Series regular (season 11)|
|2010-2013||Private Practice||Amelia Shepherd||Series regular, 62 episodes
Prism Award for Best Female Performance in a Drama Series Multi-Episode Storyline (2012)
|2014||The November Man||Celia|
- "Caterina Scorsone Biography (1981-)". Filmreference.com. 1981-10-16. Retrieved 2014-06-27.
- "Missing Cast Bios: Caterina Scorsone". www.sonypictures.co.uk. Retrieved 2010-10-03.
- "caterinascorsone.net". caterinascorsone.net. Retrieved 2014-06-27.
- TV.com (1977-11-04). "Francesca Scorsone". TV.com. Retrieved 2014-06-27.
- Bill Harris (2010-10-03). "'Practice' is perfect for Scorsone". Toronto Sun. Retrieved 2010-10-03.
- Alex Strachan (2009-11-29). "Onetime child star Caterina Scorsone tackles an adult Alice". www.nationalpost.com. Retrieved 2010-10-03.
- Michael Ausiello (2010-03-02). "'Grey's'/'Private' exclusive: Meet Derek's kid sister!". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2010-10-03.
- Natalie Abrams (2010-07-21). "Exclusive: Private Practice Promotes Caterina Scorsone to Series Regular". tvguide.com. Retrieved 2010-10-03.
- Natalie Abrams (2010-07-23). "Private Practice's Caterina Scorsone Heading to Grey's Anatomy". tvguide.com. Retrieved 2010-10-03.
- 4 DAYS (2014-06-23). "'Grey's Anatomy' Ups Caterina Scorsone to Regular for Season 11". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2014-06-27.
- "Caterina Scorsone Welcomes Daughter Eliza – Moms & Babies – Celebrity Babies and Kids - Moms & Babies - People.com". Celebritybabies.people.com. 2012-02-23. Retrieved 2014-06-27.
- Rizzo, Monica. "Caterina Scorsone Expecting First Child". People. Time Inc. Retrieved 23 February 2012.