Cathay United Bank
|Parent||Cathay Financial Holding Company|
|Website||Cathay United Bank Homepage|
Cathay United Bank (Chinese: 國泰世華銀行) is one of the largest commercial banks in Taiwan, with a capital value of TW$52 billion (approximately US$1.7 billion) and more than 160 bank branches located throughout Taiwan.
Cathay United Bank was formerly the United World Chinese Commercial Bank (UWCCB; Chinese: 世華聯合商業銀行), founded in 1975. In 2003, UWCCB was merged with the former Cathay Commercial Bank, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cathay Financial Holding Company; UWCCB was the surviving bank but the merged bank was renamed to Cathay United Bank, effective on October 27, 2003.
Cathay United Bank is headquartered in the Cathay Financial Center (Chinese: 國泰金融中心), located in the Xinyi District of Taipei, Taiwan and has 165 branches throughout Taiwan providing retail and corporate banking as well as wealth management services. Currently there are 6 overseas branches and 5 representative offices located in China, South East Asia, and the United States.
- Shanghai Branch
- Hong Kong Branch
- Phnom Penh Branch
- Labuan Branch
- Kuala Lumpur Marketing Office
- Manila Representative Office
- Singapore Branch
- Bangkok Representative Office
- Los Angeles Branch
- Chu Lai Branch
- Hanoi Representative Office
- Ho Chi Minh City Representative Office
Indovina Bank, Vietnam (Chinese: 世越銀行)
- Cathay United Bank was the first Taiwanese bank to establish a banking presence in Vietnam. In 1990, Cathay United Bank with its local joint venture partner, Vietnam Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Industry and Trade (Vietinbank) established Indovina Bank (IVB) with headquarters in Ho Chi Minh City. Indovina Bank is a commercial bank with nine branches and seventeen transaction offices located through Vietnam.
Cathay United Bank Cambodia Corporation Limited (Formerly known as Singapore Banking Corporation, Cambodia)
- In September 2012 Cathay United Bank with the National Bank of Cambodia’s approval, acquired a 70% stake in Singapore Banking Corporation (SBC). SBC was founded in 1993 and has six branches and ten exchange offices in Cambodia. A year later in September 2013, Cathay United Bank reached an agreement with the remaining shareholders of SBC to acquire the remaining 30% stake. In January 2014, the name was changed to Cathay United Bank Cambodia (CUBC). The current asset size of CUBC is USD$91 million.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (October 2013)|
|This article about a Taiwanese corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Asian bank-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|