Catherine Birgersdotter of Bjelbo
|Princess consort of Anhalt-Zerbst|
|Spouse||Siegfried I, Prince of Anhalt-Zerbst|
|Issue||Albert I, Prince of Anhalt-Zerbst
Princess Agnes, Abbess of Coswig
Princess Hedwig, Abbess of Coswig
Princess Sophie von Hakeborn
|House||House of Bjelbo (by birth)
House of Ascania (by marriage)
|Mother||Princess Ingeborg Eriksdotter of Sweden|
Catherine Birgersdotter of Bjelbo (fl. 1245 - 1289), was a Princess consort of Anhalt, married to Siegfried I, Prince of Anhalt-Zerbst. She was the daughter of the Swedish regent Birger Jarl and Princess Ingeborg Eriksdotter of Sweden.
Marriage and issue
They had ten children:
- Albert I, Prince of Anhalt-Zerbst (d. 17 August 1316).
- Prince Henry of Anhalt-Zerbst (d. 13 December 1340 / 28 March 1341 ?), Provost of Halberstadt.
- Prince Siegfried of Anhalt-Zerbst (d. 25 February 1317), a canon in Magdeburg.
- Prince Hermann of Anhalt-Zerbst (d. aft. 24 June 1328), a Teutonic knight, Comtur at Dessau in 1327.
- Princess Agnes of Anhalt-Zerbst (d. aft. 17 August 1316), Abbess of Coswig.
- Princess Hedwig of Anhalt-Zerbst (d. aft. 24 February 1319), Abbess of Coswig.
- Princess Elisabeth of Anhalt-Zerbst (d. aft. 17 August 1316), a nun in Coswig.
- Princess Judith of Anhalt-Zerbst (d. aft. 17 August 1316), a nun in Coswig.
- Princess Konstanze of Anhalt-Zerbst (d. aft. 17 August 1316), a nun in Coswig.
- Princess Sophie of Anhalt-Zerbst (c.1260 - aft. 9 January 1290); married Ludwig of Hakeborn (c.1235 - 5 October 1298), son of Albrecht III, Count of Hackeborn, and had issue.