26 February 1956 |
|Political party||Fine Gael|
Catherine Byrne (born 26 February 1956) is an Irish Fine Gael politician. She has been a Teachta Dála (TD) for the Dublin South–Central constituency since 2007. She stood unsuccessfully as a candidate at the 2002 general election, she was elected on her next attempt at the 2007 general election. She was a member of Dublin City Council for the South West Inner City electoral area and served for a term as Lord Mayor in 2005.
She was party deputy spokesperson on Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs with special responsibility for National Drugs Strategy from 2007–2010. From July 2010 to March 2011, she was party spokesperson on Older Citizens.
- "Ms. Catherine Byrne". Oireachtas Members Database. Retrieved 4 January 2008.
- "Catherine Byrne". ElectionsIreland.org. Retrieved 8 February 2009.
- "Bruton & Noonan return to Fine Gael frontbench". RTÉ News. 1 July 2010. Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- "Catherine Byrne TD". Fine Gael website. Retrieved 27 October 2013.
- "Grant of Arms: Catherine Byrne". National Library of Ireland. 10 November 2006.
|Lord Mayor of Dublin
|Fine Gael Teachta Dála for Dublin South–Central