||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (September 2012)|
Catherine Fulvio (née Byrne) is an Irish TV chef, food writer, author and proprietor of Ballyknocken House & Cookery School.
Catherine has become a household name both at home in Ireland and abroad. She has appeared on NBC’s Today Show, one of America’s top morning shows with more than seven million viewers, on a number of occasions. The accomplished chef is best known today for her role as TV presenter on three RTE series; Catherine’s Family Kitchen (2011), Catherine’s Roman Holiday (2010) and Catherine’s Italian Kitchen (2009). Her shows have been aired in over seven countries and she is in the planning stages for her next production for 2012.
Fulvio launched her first cookbook, Catherine’s Italian Kitchen, published by Gill & MacMillan in 2010 making an impression on homes for providing quick and easy food suitable for family life and entertaining friends. Catherine also won a Gourmand World Cookbook Award and was nominated for the Bord Gais Irish Book Awards 2010. Her latest book Catherine’s Family Kitchen was shortlisted for an Irish Book Award in 2011.
Catherine’s love of food started at an early age and she believes that she learnt most of her skills by hanging onto the apron strings of her mother, Mary (Byrne) who professionally cooked three meals per day for guests of Ballyknocken House from 1968 to the 90s.
For Catherine and her husband Claudio, it started in 1999 when Catherine took over the running of Ballyknocken House which she and her husband renovated together resulting in a four star Guesthouse. She then went on to renovate the old milking parlour which she transformed into an award-winning cookery school, Ballyknocken Cookery School.
The cookery school has become a centre for learning culinary skills with an emphasis on local & seasonal produce, often the fruit and vegetables used both in the Guesthouse and the Cookery School are direct from Ballyknocken gardens. The cookery school is state of the art, with large seating and hands on capacity for individuals and corporate groups. Top of the range equipment such as Smeg and Newbridge Home is stocked.
Catherine was born and brought up in Ballyknocken House, in a little village called Glenealy in County Wicklow, Ireland. She is married to Claudio who hails from Palermo in Sicily and is mother of two.
- RTE Today Show
- BBC Saturday Kitchen
- NBC Today Show
- RTE Food - http://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/food/chefs/catherine-fulvio/
- RTE Four Live Daily Show – Catherine is a regular contributor
- UKTV Food
- Catherine’s Roman Holiday (TV series)
- Catherine’s Italian Kitchen (TV series)
- Catherine’s Family Kitchen (TV series)
- Winner Avonmore Cookbook of the Year in the Bord Gais Irish Book Awards 2012 for her latest cookbook , Eat Like an Italian http://www.irishbookawards.ie/2012-winners/
- Winner RAI Best Chef in Wicklow 2010
- 3x 8 part TV series with RTE. Catherine’s Italian Kitchen, nominated (2010) for Le Cordon Bleu World Food Media Awards from over 700 entries internationally
- Winner of Cordon D’Or Culinary Academy Award for Cookery School of the Year (2007)
- SFA award for Best in HR Development
Gourmand World Cookbook Awards 2011 / Catherine’s Italian Kitchen
- won Best Italian Cuisine Cookbook Ireland
- won Best Television Celebrity Cookbook Ireland
- Catherine's Italian Kitchen shortlisted 2010
- Catherine's Family Kitchen shortlisted 2011
- Eat Like an Italian winner 2012
- The Weekend Chef: Easy Food for Lazy Days shortlisted 2013
- Rosita Boland (23 November 2012). "Banville wins novel of year at awards". The Irish Times. Retrieved 23 November 2012.
- Chef Catherine Fulvio appears on NBC's hit 'Today Show' - Entertainment. Braypeople.ie. Retrieved on 2012-03-02.
- Cordon D’Or Culinary Academy Award – Cookery School of the year 2007
- 2007_Awards_Photos_Neifeld.htm. Cordondorcuisine.com (2008-02-04). Retrieved on 2012-03-02.
- 2007_cva_B2.html. Cordondorcuisine.com. Retrieved on 2012-03-02.
- Food Tourism. Newsweaver.ie. Retrieved on 2012-03-02.
- Irish Book Awards 2011. Irishbookawards.ie. Retrieved on 2012-03-02.
- The Bord Gáis Energy Irish Book Awards Shortlist Announced. Irish Publishing News (2010-10-28). Retrieved on 2012-03-02.
- RTÉ Food: Chefs. Rte.ie (2010-10-20). Retrieved on 2012-03-02.
- Catherine Fulvio - Weekend Chef! - RTÉ Television - Four Live. Rte.ie (2010-10-20). Retrieved on 2012-03-02.
- Catherine's Roman Holiday: What to watch on the Good Food channel: Good Food Channel. Uktv.co.uk. Retrieved on 2012-03-02.
- RTÉ Television – Catherine's Roman Holiday. Rte.ie (2010-10-20). Retrieved on 2012-03-02.
- Catherine’s Italian Kitchen (TV series)
- Catherine's Italian Kitchen: What to watch on the Good Food channel: Good Food Channel. Uktv.co.uk. Retrieved on 2012-03-02.
- RTÉ Television – Programmes – Lifestyle – Catherine's Italian Kitchen. Rte.ie (2010-10-20). Retrieved on 2012-03-02.
- Catherine’s Family Kitchen
- RTÉ Television – Catherine's Family Kitchen. Rte.ie (2010-10-20). Retrieved on 2012-03-02.
- Catherine is a regular at all Irish food events including Bloom in the Park, Taste Festivals and Food & Wine Show
- News & Media | Bloom 2012. Bloominthepark.com. Retrieved on 2012-03-02.
- Catherine Fulvio | Taste of Christmas: 25–27 November 2011, Convention Centre Dublin. Tasteofchristmas.ie (2011-08-12). Retrieved on 2012-03-02.
- Show Highlights. Foodandwineshow.ie. Retrieved on 2012-03-02.
- Gill Mac Millan Publisher
- Catherine's Family Kitchen – Gill & Macmillan. Gillmacmillan.ie. Retrieved on 2012-03-02.