Catherine Keller (theologian)
Catherine Keller (born 1953) is a process theologian and is a professor of Constructive Theology in the Graduate Division at New Jersey's Drew University. Like most major voices in process theology, she studied directly with John B. Cobb at Claremont.
Her professional interests are broad, and encompass social and ecological justice, poststructuralist theory, and feminist and metaphorical readings of scripture. Keller has been the director of the Drew Transdisciplinary Theological Colloquium that meets annually, since its launch in 2000. Along with Roland Faber at Claremont, she is one of the academics working in the field of Theopoetics. Keller being a follower of famous process theologian, Alfred North Whitehead, took on many of his theories, such as Multiplicity. Keller believed in said idea which held that the cosmos are made up of diversity and plurality, making complete knowing impossible.
Keller received a Ph. D. in Philosophy of Religion and Theology from Claremont Graduate School in 1984, Masters in Divinity (M. Div.) from Eden Theological Seminary in 1977, and a Bachelors of Arts (B.A.) in Equivalent Theology at University of Heidelberg in 1974.
- From a Broken Web: Separation, Sexism and Self. Boston: Beacon Press, 1986. Der Ich-Wahn: Abkehr von einem.
- Apocalypse Now and Then: A Feminist Guide to the End of the World. Boston: Beacon Press, 1996.
- Face of the Deep: A Theology of Becoming. London: Routledge, 2003.
- God and Power: Counter-Apocalyptic Journeys. Minneapolis: Fortress, 2005.
- On the Mystery: Discerning God in Process. Minneapolis: Fortress, 2008.
- Process and Difference: Between Cosmological and Poststructuralist Postmodernisms (with Anne Daniell), N.Y.: SUNY, 2002.
- Postcolonial Theologies: Divinity and Empire (with Mayra Rivera and Michael Nausner), St. Louis: Chalice, 2004.
- Toward a Theology of Eros: Transfiguring Passion at the Limits of Discipline (with Virginia Burrus), New York: Fordham Press, 2006.
- The American Empire and the Commonwealth of God: a Political, Economic, Religious Statement (with David R. Griffin, John B. Cobb, Jr,. Richard A. Falk), Louisville: Westminster John Knox Press, 2006.
- Ecospirit: Theologies and Philosophies of the Earth (with Laurel Kearns), New York: Fordham Press, 2007.
- Polydoxy: Theology of Multiplicity and Relation (with Laurel Schneider), New York: Routledge, 2010.
- "Catherine Keller: professor of constructive theology drew theological school". Retrieved 2014-07-14.
- "Catherine Keller: Professor of Construction Theology Drew Theological School". depts.drew.edu. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- "Process Perspectives".
- "Polydoxy: Theology of multiplicity and relation". Retrieved 2014-07-15.
- "CURRICULUM VITAE of Catherine Keller". Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- Keller's Homepage
- Works by or about Catherine Keller in libraries (WorldCat catalog)