Catherine Keller (theologian)
|Alma mater||Claremont Graduate School, Eden Theological Seminary, University of Heidelberg|
|theology, process theology, ecology, feminism, poststructuralism|
Her professional interests include social and ecological justice, poststructuralist theory, feminist and metaphorical readings of scripture. Keller has directed the Drew Transdisciplinary Theological Colloquium. With John Caputo, Roland Faber and others, she provides leadership in the field of Theopoetics. She continues the work of Alfred North Whitehead, drawing on his relational theory of becoming to explore a postmodern religious context.
Keller received a Ph.D. in Philosophy of Religion and Theology from Claremont Graduate School in 1984, a Master of Divinity (M.Div.) from Eden Theological Seminary in 1977, and a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Equivalent Theology from University of Heidelberg in 1974.
- From a Broken Web: Separation, Sexism and Self. Boston: Beacon Press, 1986. Der Ich-Wahn: Abkehr von einem.
- Apocalypse Now and Then: A Feminist Guide to the End of the World. Boston: Beacon Press, 1996.
- Face of the Deep: A Theology of Becoming. London: Routledge, 2003.
- God and Power: Counter-Apocalyptic Journeys. Minneapolis: Fortress, 2005.
- On the Mystery: Discerning God in Process. Minneapolis: Fortress, 2008.
- Cloud of the Impossible: Negative Theology and Planetary Entanglement. New York: Columbia University Press, 2015.
- Process and Difference: Between Cosmological and Poststructuralist Postmodernisms (with Anne Daniell), N.Y.: SUNY, 2002.
- Postcolonial Theologies: Divinity and Empire (with Mayra Rivera and Michael Nausner), St. Louis: Chalice, 2004.
- Toward a Theology of Eros: Transfiguring Passion at the Limits of Discipline (with Virginia Burrus), New York: Fordham Press, 2006.
- The American Empire and the Commonwealth of God: a Political, Economic, Religious Statement (with David R. Griffin, John B. Cobb, Jr,. Richard A. Falk), Louisville: Westminster John Knox Press, 2006.
- Ecospirit: Theologies and Philosophies of the Earth (with Laurel Kearns), New York: Fordham Press, 2007.
- Polydoxy: Theology of Multiplicity and Relation (with Laurel Schneider), New York: Routledge, 2010.
- "Catherine Keller: professor of constructive theology drew theological school". Retrieved 2014-07-14.
- "Catherine Keller: Professor of Construction Theology Drew Theological School". depts.drew.edu. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- "Process Perspectives" (PDF).
- "Polydoxy: Theology of multiplicity and relation". Retrieved 2014-07-15.
- "CURRICULUM VITAE of Catherine Keller". Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- Keller's Homepage
- Works by or about Catherine Keller in libraries (WorldCat catalog)