Catherine Lloyd Burns
|Catherine Lloyd Burns|
April 19, 1961 |
New York City, New York, U.S.
She has appeared in multiple television shows, and was a regular on Partners and LateLine. She played Caroline Miller, Malcolm's "overly earnest" teacher, in Malcolm in the Middle. Burns has appeared in numerous feature films and the independent film Everything Put Together. Along with her role, she was a cowriter of the independent film Everything Put Together. She has also worked in theater with New York's Naked Angels.
The film Everything Put Together was written by a number of authors, including Catherine and her husband. It was nominated for the Grand Jury Prize at the Sundance Film Festivals in 2000. In 2001, it was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award as the best feature made for under $500,000. Director Marc Forster won Independent Spirit's Someone to Watch Award.
Her first book is It Hit Me Like a Ton of Bricks, which was published by Farrar, Straus and Giroux in 2007. The book is a biography, from the point of view of the author's mother. It centers around personal memoirs, and family relationships.
Burns was born in New York City. She is married to Adam Forgash, with one daughter. They both live in New York. Her father, Lloyd Burns, works in entertainment, and her mother, Red Burns, founded the Interactive Telecommunications Program(NYU); her husband is a writer and producer.
|1993||The Night We Never Met||Deli Customer|
|1997||The Second Civil War||Amelia Sims|
|1998||Mafia!||Woman in Vegas Show|
|1999||Pushing Tin||Tanya Hewitt|
|Everything Put Together||Judith nieves||Cowriter|
|Keeping the Faith||Debbie|
|2006||The Last New Yorker||Hostess|
|1991||Law & Order||Sheila Herlihy||Also "Law & Order Prime". One appearance|
|1994||All American Girl||Tipsy||One episode|
|Party of Five||Jeannie||One episode|
|1995||Dad, the Angel & Me||Fan #1|
|Seinfeld||Heather||The Chicken Roaster episode|
|1997||Ned and Stacey||Cynthia||One episode|
|1998–99||LateLine||Mona Guillingsvard||17 episodes|
|2000||Malcolm in the Middle||Caroline Miller||15 episodes|
|2007||Dedication||Mother in Bookstore|
- It Hit Me Like a Ton of Bricks: A Memoir of a Mother and Daughter, North Point Press, 2006, ISBN 978-0-86547-708-7
- The Good, the Bad & the Beagle, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2014, ISBN 978-0-374-30039-5
- "Catherine Lloyd Burns Biography (1961-)". filmreference. Retrieved 2009-08-18.
- "Catherine Lloyd Burns". Retrieved 2009-08-18.
- "Catherine Lloyd Burns". Charleston-Huntington, WV: WVAH-TV Fox 11. Retrieved 2009-12-04.
- Lloyd, Robert (2000-02-24). "Kids in the Hall". LA Weekly. Retrieved 2009-12-04.
- Holden, Stephen (2001-11-09). "Film Review; Losing Her Child to a Mysterious Killer". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-12-03.
- Fuller, Graham (2001-11-13). "Requiem Suite Marc Forster’s Symphonies of Sorrow". The Village Voice. Retrieved 2009-12-03.
- "Awards for Everything Put Together". IMDb. Retrieved 2009-08-18.
- Rand, Naomi (2006-06-04). "On families, happy and unhappy in their own ways". The Boston Globe 2006-06-04. Retrieved 2009-12-03.
- It Hit Me Like a Ton of Bricks: A Memoir of a Mother and Daughter. Google Books. Retrieved 2009-08-18.