||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012)|
Catherine Pickstock is a theologian and member of the Faculty of Divinity at the University of Cambridge and a reader in philosophy and theology, fellow and tutor of Emmanuel College, Cambridge.
Pickstock is known for her contributions to the Radical Orthodoxy movement, the foundations of which are often credited to her mentor John Milbank. Her research and writing are based in philosophical theology, Platonic philosophy, and medieval theology. In particular, she has applied linguistics to theories of religious language, analogy and liturgy, looked at postmodern philosophy in relation to the reinterpretation of pre-modern theology and undertaken a reconsideration of the Platonic tradition in interaction with biblically-based faiths, especially rituals invoking divine intervention and understandings of the soul.
- After Writing: On the Liturgical Consummation of Philosophy. Oxford: Blackwell, 1997. ISBN 978-0-631-20672-9.
- Radical Orthodoxy: A New Theology (edited with John Milbank & Graham Ward). London: Routledge, 1998. ISBN 978-0-415-19699-4.
- “Liturgy and Modernity”. Telos no. 113 (Fall 1998): 19-40.
- “Thomas Aquinas and the Quest for the Eucharist”. Modern Theology 15, no. 2 (April 1999): 159–180.
- Truth in Aquinas (with John Milbank). London: Routledge, 2001. ISBN 978-0-415-23335-4
- Thomas d’Aquin et la Quête Eucharistique. Geneva: Ad Solem, 2001. ISBN 978-2-940090-68-6
- “The Problem of Reported Speech: Friendship and Philosophy in Plato's Lysis and Symposium”. Telos no. 123 (Spring 2002): 35-64.
- “Eros and Emergence”. Telos no. 127 (Spring 2004): 97-118.
- “A Poetics of the Eucharist”. Telos no. 131 (Summer 2005): 83-91.
- “Duns Scotus: His Historical and Contemporary Significance”. Modern Theology 21 (2005): 543-574.
- “The Univocalist Mode of Production”. In Theology and the Political: The New Debate (SIC 5), edited by John Milbank, Slavoj Zizek, and Creston Davis. Durham: Duke University Press, 2005: 281-325. ISBN 978-0-822-33472-9.
- “Liturgy and the Senses” in Paul's new Moment: Continental Philosophy and the Future of Christian Theology, by John Milbank, Slavoj Zizek, and Creston Davis, with Catherine Pickstock. Grand Rapids, MI: Brazos Press, 2010. ISBN 978-1-587-43227-9.
- “The Late Arrival of Language: Word, Nature and the Divine in Plato's Cratylus”. Modern Theology 27, no. 2 (April 2011): 238–262.
- Repetition & Identity: The Literary Agenda. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2013. ISBN 978-0199683611
- Theory, Religion and Idiom in Platonic Philosophy, forthcoming.
- "Faculty of Divinity Webpage". Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- "Emmanuel College Webpage". Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- Byassee, Jason (22 September 2009). "Bold apology". The Christian Century. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Biographical Detail: Faith, Rationality, and the Passions conference". Retrieved 1 October 2013.
|This biography of an British theology academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|