|This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the French Wikipedia. (November 2010)|
She was born in Paris, where she attended secondary school and high school.
L'Image, a sadomasochistic novel published in 1956 by éditions de Minuit, was written under the pseudonym Jean de Berg. Radley Metzger made the novel into a 1974 film, The Image, also known as The Punishment of Anne.
She is also the author of Cérémonies de femmes (ed. Grasset) (1985) written under the pseudonym Jeanne de Berg and "Entretien avec Jeanne de Berg" (ed. Les Impressions Nouvelles) (2002) under the name Catherine Robbe-Grillet. In 2004, she wrote, under her own name, Jeune mariée: Journal, 1957-1962 (ed. Fayard), an account of the early years of her marriage. Her most recent publication is "Le Petit Carnet Perdu" (March 2007, ed. Fayard) under the name of Jeanne de Berg.
She had a small part in L'Immortelle (1963) as Catherine Sarayan. Her last appearance as an actress was on stage in 2006 in Une Belle Enfant Blonde a play based on the writings of Dennis Cooper.
She married Alain Robbe-Grillet in Paris on 23 October 1957 (he died in February 2008).
- L'image par Jean de Berg. Paris: Éditions de Minuit, 1956
- Cérémonies de Femmes par Jeanne de Berg. Paris: Éditions Grasset 1985
- Entretien avec Jeanne de Berg par Catherine Robbe-Grillet. Paris: Éditions les Impressions Nouvelles 2002
- Jeune mariée: journal, 1957-1962 par Catherine Robbe-Grillet. Paris: Fayard 2004
- Le Petit carnet perdu par Jeanne de Berg. Paris: Fayard 2007