Catholic Church (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Catholic Church in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Catholic church may also refer to:
- Any of 23 autonomous particular churches within the Catholic Church
- The Church catholic, the Christian Church in general.
- Any Church which claims a catholic character, the apostolic origins and historical traditions of catholicity. These are not in full communion with the bishop of Rome:
- The Eastern Orthodox Churches
- The Anglican Communion
- The Independent Catholic Churches
- The American Catholic Church in the United States
- The Anglo-Lutheran Catholic Church
- The Antiochian Catholic Church in America
- The Brazilian Catholic Apostolic Church
- The Christ Catholic Church
- The Ecumenical Catholic Church
- The Evangelical Catholic Church
- The Liberal Catholic Church
- The National Catholic Church of America
- The Old Catholic Church
- The Old Roman Catholic Church in North America
- The Orthodox-Catholic Church of America (OCCA)
- The Palmarian Catholic Church
- The Polish National Catholic Church
- For example, the Melkite Catholic Church, the Maronite Catholic Church, the Roman Catholic Church, et al.
- In English, this distinction is maintained by referring in this case to the Church catholic, with a lower-case 'c', as in the Creeds.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Catholic Church.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.