Catholic University of Cordoba
|Catholic University of Cordoba|
|Universidad Católica de Córdoba|
|Motto||Veritas Liberabit Vos|
|Rector||Alfonso Gómez SJ|
The Universidad Católica de Córdoba (UCC) (Catholic University of Cordoba) (Université Catholique de Cordoba) is a private Jesuit university of Argentina that was founded on June 8, 1956. UCC now has over 10,000 students and twelve academic units. Their 11 faculties are:Engineering, Agricultural Sciences, Philosophy, Architecture, Medicine includes Dentistry, Law, Political Sciences, Economic sciences, Administration Studies, Education Sciences and Chemical Sciences.
UCC has a strong commitment to be an “academically engaged and socially responsible university.” University Social Responsibility at UCC
UCC’s civic engagement activities centers on an approach it calls University Social Responsibility (RSU), formally adopted in 2006. RSU emphasizes not only having civic engagement and community outreach activities, but having social responsibility permeate every aspect of the university, including its administration, teaching, research, and outreach. Under the RSU program, UCC requires that each faculty submit a plan and list of social responsibility projects that they will undertake in the coming year, either independently or in collaboration with other academic units. This way, the university ensures that faculty and students from across the university are involved.
The university also strongly encourages students and staff to volunteer their time for community service projects through the “Volunteers - Universidad Católica de Córdoba” program. Working under the motto of “We enter to learn, depart to serve,” the VUCC is composed of students, teachers and young professionals who work in solidarity, integrating knowledge in an interdisciplinary way to address various social problems, promote social awareness and a sense of solidarity, and acknowledge responsibility for the most vulnerable.
The Catholic University of Cordoba is part of the worldwide network of Jesuit universities, in over 90 countries and is an active member of the network of Jesuit Universities of Latin America (AUSJAL). He also participated in various international networks of universities with which it has academic exchange agreements, joint degree and mutual cooperation.
In the UCC currently are dictated many degree programs, in many fields of science.
Among graduate programs, all accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation of Universities (CONEAU) - highlights doctoral programs such as a Doctorate in Medicine, a Ph.D. in Health Sciences, a Ph.D. in Politics and Government, Agricultural Sciences, Ph.D. in Microelectronics and Chemical Sciences.
The people at the Catholic University of Cordoba believe that the University can not simply educate for form good professionals, but must be people critical, compassionate and committed, in a reality that is increasingly torn by social exclusion and injustice. Therefore, in addition to a current disciplinary training, the University offers a solid liberal education through the philosophical content, anthropological, ethical and theological in each of their careers.
In the Catholic University of Córdoba people teach to worry, that generates questions and unfair on the current state of social exclusion, inequality and misery to which the University have a responsibility, that is an answer to give.
So at the Catholic University of Córdoba Jesuit University, people work for over fifty four years, by training people on Science, Consciousness and Commitment.
It is Argentina‘s oldest private university. Catholic University of Cordoba is a private, multi-campus university and one of the most recognized educational institutions in Latin America.
- Faculty of Architecture
- Faculty of Agricultural Sciences – includes Veterinary
- Faculty of Economic and Administrative Sciences
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Law and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Medicine - includes Dentistry, Nursery, Nutrition, Surgical Instrumentation and Occupational Therapy
- Faculty of Education Sciences
- Faculty of Political Sciences
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Philosophy and Humanities, includes Psychology
- Faculty of Chemical Sciences
- Institute of Administrative Sciences
- Main Campus (Armada Argentina Avenue 5500): Administrative Headquarters, Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Architecture, Faculty of Political Sciences, Faculty of Chemical Sciences, Faculty of Law and Social Sciences, Faculty of Agropecuarian Sciences. Main building of Library and Center of Cellular Biology- Sports Campus, Botanic Garden, Veterinary Clinic and Veterinary Hospital- Experimental Campus
- Campus Centro (Trejo 323- downtown) : Faculty of Philosophy and Humanities, Faculty of Education Sciences, Institute of Administrative Sciences and Diego de Torres sj Auditorium
- Campus for Health Sciences - Facultad de Medicina- (Jacinto Ríos and Oncativo and Libertad 1550 -Anexo Pedro Arrupe sj) , Barrio General Paz- Faculty of Medicine (Medicine, Dentistry, Nursery, Surgical Instrumentation, Nutrition, Occupational Therapy; graduate programs in Health Sciences- and the Hospitals Clinica Universitaria Reina Fabiola and Clinica Odontologica Sixto Castellanos sj