At the 2003 Adult Entertainment Expo
28 September 1967 
|Other names||Cathy Berry, Cindy Q|
|Height||5 ft 3 in (1.60 m)|
|Spouse(s)||Philip Joseph Barry|
|No. of adult films||72 (per BGAFD)|
Barry's first job out of high school was working in a bra factory prior to starting in the UK glamour industry. Her first modeling opportunity was for that same bra company when the original hired model did not show up. This lead to other modeling jobs which included one for a local body piercing shop and a radio station, Galaxy 101, at age 18. One of the radio station photos was used for a billboard advertisement which lead to her getting into glamour modeling. Later she started lap dancing and table dancing in men's clubs.
Around age 22, Barry starting doing solo and then girl-girl videos before progressing into boy-girl videos for larger production companies such as Playboy TV in a film called Countess Cathula. She began appearing in major adult industry productions in 2000 when she was 27. Over the course of her career she has worked with production companies such as Bluebird Films, New Sensations, Pure Play Media, and Union Jaxxx. In addition to performing, Barry also has producer and director credits to her name.
In 2004, Barry underwent a breast implant operation that was broadcast live on the Five show Cosmetic Surgery Live. It was reported as being the biggest breast enlargement operation to be performed in the UK. The surgeon performing the operation was later called before his hospital's ethics committee.
Barry played herself in episode 6 of Unseen Skins on the Skins website. She sleeps with the character Chris Miles, and upon hearing about his love for his teacher she promises him a cheque for £700 so that he can pursue her on a school trip to Russia.
Awards and nominations
In 2007, Barry won the award for Best British Performer at the ETO Awards show. Later that year, Barry was nominated for Best Female Actress in the UK Adult Film Awards for her role in Cathy's Diaries 9. Although she did not win the award, she was given a lifetime achievement award at the 2007 UK Adult Film Awards.
Barry was born Catherine Capes in Bristol, England. Growing up she had nicknames such as "Jeff" and "Centerfold" because had the same last name as Olympic shot put thrower Jeff Capes. She states that prior to her adult film and modeling career, she was a body builder and was interested in going to college to become a chef. Barry states that she is bisexual. She married Philip Joseph Barry in 1986, a former photographer who now runs Bristol Film Studios. They live in Kingswood, South Gloucestershire and have two sons
- Cathy Barry at the Internet Adult Film Database
- "My Biography". www.cathybarry.com. Retrieved 2010-12-16.
- Cathy Barry at the British Girls Adult Film Database
- "Search general register office (GRO)birth records 1761-2006 | Fully indexed birth records". Findmypast.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-08-01.
- Rosen, Dave (November 2003). "The SCORE Interview: Cathy Barry". SCORE 12 (11): 34. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- "Catherine Barry listing at 192.com". Archived from the original on 2010-12-16. Retrieved 2010-12-16.
- Cathula at the Internet Movie Database
- Cathy Barry at the Internet Movie Database
- The Affair at the British Girls Adult Film Database
- "Review of The Affair". Strictly News. Retrieved 2008-01-03.
- Times online Retrieved on 2008-01-03
- "Unseen Skins". Channel 4. Retrieved 2007-06-21.
- "ETO Show 2007". Strictly News. Retrieved 2008-01-03.
- "UK Adult Film Awards - Nominations". Strictly News. Retrieved 2008-01-03.
- "UK Adult Film Awards 2007 - The Winners". Strictly News. Retrieved 2008-01-03.
|Find more about ' at Wikipedia's sister projects|
|Media from Commons|