Cathy Casey is a New Zealand politician who is an Auckland Councillor, for the Albert-Eden-Roskill Ward.
She has a particular interest in social issues, such as taking a strong stance against bylaws restricting or criminalising begging, considering it an example of a social issue that should not be left to the police to try and manage. She is also supported by various unions for her stance on subjects such as opposition against "casualisation" of Ports of Auckland's wharf workforce, and her support for the living wage campaign.
In the 2010 Auckland Council elections Casey was elected from the Albert-Eden-Roskill ward.
- "Cathy Casey : Begging a social issue, not a crime". The New Zealand Herald. 4 July 2013. Retrieved 21 September 2013.
- "Who to vote for". Unions Auckland. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "2010 Elections Information (Noting Age as 53)". Retrieved 21 September 2013.
- Meet Cathy Casey National Distribution Union
- Winners have Wairarapa connection Wairarapa Times-Age, 13 October 2004
- "2013 Eclection Information (entry paragraph of personal bio)". Retrieved 21 September 2013.