Cathy Cassidy (born 13 June 1962) is a British author of young adult fiction, mainly focusing on domestic fiction. She was born in Coventry, but now lives in the Galloway hills in Scotland. She has written 23 books. She has also been the agony aunt for Shout, a magazine for teenage girls, and she presently has a series of three books about Daizy Star for younger readers.
Cassidy now lives in the Galloway hills in Scotland with husband and two children. She has been a vegetarian for over 35 years, and was a vegan for 8 years. Her lurcher, Kelpie, inspired the dog Legg-It in her first book. Cassidy was the agony aunt on teenage Shout magazine for 12 years and for many years taught art in local primary schools. She attended university to take an art degree. She has drawn all the illustrations and the front covers to all the Daizy Star books.
Queen of Teen
Cassidy has three times been nominated for the Queen of Teen award, in 2008 (when it was founded), 2010 and 2012. Authors have included Sarah Webb, Louise Rennison (the 2008 winner)) and Sarra Manning. In 2010, fans voted Cassidy as the winner. In 2012, she was a runner up to Maureen Johnson.
- Dizzy (2004)
- Indigo blue (2005)
- Driftwood (2005)
- Scarlett (2006)
- Sundae Girl (2007)
- Lucky Star (2007)
- Gingersnaps (2008)
- The Cathy Cassidy Dreams and Doodles Daybook (2008)
- Shine On, Daizy Star (2009)
- Angel Cake (2009)
- Letters to Cathy(2009)
- Daizy Star and the Pink Guitar (2010)
- Cherry Crush - The Chocolate Box Girls (2010)
- Strike a pose, Daizy Star (2011)
- Marshmallow Skye - The Chocolate Box Girls (2011)
- Summer's Dream - The Chocolate Box Girls (2012)
- Daizy Star Ooh La La (2012)
- Bittersweet - The Chocolate Box Girls (2013)
- Coco Caramel - The Chocolate Box Girls (2013)
- Sweet Honey - The Chocolate Box Girls (2014)
She has also written three mini books:
- Love Peace and Chocolate (2007)
- Ice-Cream And Dreams (2008)
- Cupcakes and Kisses (2009)
- Cathy Cassidy
- Baker, John F. "Kids' Books in Two Big Sales". Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 1 October 2012.
- "Sundae Girl by Cathy Cassidy - review". Guardian (London). 19 July 2012. Retrieved 1 October 2012.
- "Book review: Ginger Snaps". CBBC Newsround. 15 August 2008. Retrieved 1 October 2012.
- "Marshmellow Skye by Cathy Cassidy - review". Guardian (London). 8 September 2012. Retrieved 1 October 2012.
- Official website
- Cathy Cassidy at Fantastic Fiction
- Audio interview with Cathy Cassidy (mp3 file, 20:36), December 2008
- Guardian interview