|Industry||Video games, mobile contents, music|
|Founded||June 15, 1994|
|Headquarters||Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan|
|Kenichi Takano (Representative Director, President and CEO)|
|Products||Video game software|
|Total assets||JP¥ 874,251,193 (FY 2012)|
Number of employees
|158 (FY 2012)|
Beads Mania (Merged with CAVE on Jun 1 2008)
CAVE Interactive CO.,LTD., also known as CAVE Co., Ltd. (Computer Art Visual Entertainment), is a Japanese video game company, known primarily for its manic shoot 'em ups. CAVE remains one of the most active makers of arcade shoot-'em-ups in the Japanese market. The company was formed primarily from the remains of Toaplan, and several of their early games are considered to be spiritual successors to prior Toaplan works, in particular Truxton and Batsugun.
CAVE currently produces titles for arcades, Xbox 360 and smart phones, as well as online games for the PC.
|This section requires expansion. (October 2013)|
During a stockholder meeting in August 2011, the company changed the English company name to 'CAVE Interactive CO.,LTD'. However, the foreign www.caveinteractive.com domain name had already been established in May 15, 2011.
Key staff members include Tsuneki Ikeda (director and COO) and Makoto Asada (game development department head) who left the company in 2013. On January 24, 2014, community manager "Masa-King" announced that the Cave-World Twitter and blog were shutting down on February 28, 2014, terminating all existing English social media presence in the west.
- Mini4WD Networks Co., Ltd. (ミニ四駆ネットワークス株式会社) is a joint venture of CAVE Co., Ltd. and Tamiya established in 2006-02-01.
- Tabot Inc. (タボット株式会社) is a video game, music, and online content development company.
- ORANGE AND PARTNERS CO.,LTD. (株式会社オレンジ・アンド・パートナーズ): A marketing division. On 2006-08-30, CAVE Co., Ltd. announced the establishment of the subsidiary, effective on 2006-09-05.
- CAVE Asset Management Co.,Ltd. (株式会社ケイブアセットマネジメント): Stock management and investment division. On 2006-08-30, CAVE Co., Ltd. announced the establishment of the subsidiary, effective on 2006-09-20-30.
- Declease ltd., International Co., ( 日曜日の生 ): It/os management and development division. On 2014-18-09, Cave Co.,Ltd. announced about subsidiarity of Declease ltd., International Co.,
- CAVE ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT CO., LTD. (株式会社ケイブ・オンライン・エンターテイメント): On 2005-07-13, CAVE Co., Ltd. announced the establishment of the subsidiary specialized in online entertainment, with CAVE, Kenichi Takano owning 90%, and 5% stakes respectively. The company would be established on 2005-07-15. The subsidiary was established with CAVE, Kenichi Takano owning 92.3%, and 5.1% stakes respectively, with Kenichi Takano as the subsidiary's CEO and president. On 2006-07-24, CAVE Co., Ltd. announced merging the subsidiary and the online business into the parent company, effective on 2006-09-01.
- Beads Mania: Vendor of fashion accessories. On 2005-05-31, CAVE Co., Ltd. originally announced the establishment of beads accessory division beginning on 2005-06-01. On 2005-07-01, CAVE Co., Ltd. announced the complete acquisition of Craze Company (クレイズカンパニー株式会社) previously done in 2005-06-30 and became a 100 subsidiary of CAVE, which owned the Beads Mania (ビーズマニア) online shop. On 2005-07-06, Craze Company was renamed to Beads Mania (ビーズマニア株式会社). On 2008-05-07, CAVE announced the integration of Beads Mania business, effective on 2008-06-01. On 2010-5-19, CAVE announced the sales of Beads Mania shop and the associated mobile phone site to Tougenkyou Inc. tentatively on 2010-05-31, and the closure of CAVE's shops within Nihonbashi Mitsukoshi in 2011-7.
- Since 2006 CAVE has hosted CAVE Matsuri, a yearly festival in which several announcements regarding company affairs are made. Also, some titles are offered exclusively at this event such as Mushihimesama Cave Matsuri ver 1.5. The latest version of this festival was hosted on May 5, 2013.
- A character of the same name represents the company within the company-collaborative RPG Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2.
CAVE's arcade titles have used various arcade boards over the years. Earlier titles used a CAVE-designed board based on a Motorola 68000 CPU, whereas later releases moved over to the PGM (Poly Game Master) hardware, and then on to boards based on the Hitachi SH-3 CPU. CAVE dabbled in PC-based hardware for Deathsmiles II, but switched back to SH-3 for later titles.
|Steep Slope Sliders||1998||ST-V||Sega|
|Dangun Feveron/Fever S.O.S.||1998||1GEN||Atlus|
|Progear: Storm of Progear||2001||CPS2||Atlus|
|Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi||2002||PGM||AMI|
|Ibara Kuro: Black Label||2006||SH3||AMI|
|Pink Sweets: Ibara Sorekara||2006||SH3||Cave|
|Muchi Muchi Pork!||2007||SH3||AMI|
|Omatsuri Yasan: Kingyo Sukui||2009||SH3b||Cave|
|Omatsuri Yasan: Ganso Takoyaki||2009||SH3b||Cave|
|Deathsmiles II: Makai no Merry Christmas||2009||Custom||AMI|
On March 28, 2013 Cave released a special bundle called Cave Shooting Collection which contained all Xbox 360 titles published by them to that date (Akai Katana, Deathsmiles, Deathsmiles IIX, DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu Black Label, DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu Ver 1.5, Espgaluda II, Muchi Muchi Pork & Pink Sweets, Mushihimesama, Mushihimesama Futari Ver 1.5, and a download voucher for Guwange on XBLA), a disc containing all DLC for the aforementioned titles, 7 "superplay" DVDs, and a 10-disc soundtrack selection with songs from all of the included games except Guwange. This bundle will be re-released as Cave Shooting Collection Complete on May 22, 2014 including DoDonPachi SaiDaiOuJou but not including the soundtrack collection.
^a Not released outside of Japan but release is region-free.
^b Not released outside of Japan but regular edition release is region-free.
^c Not released outside of Japan and Europe but release is region-free.
|Ninja Tower||2004||Mobile||Nuvo Studios|
|Loveny's Picture Book||2006||Mobile||Cave|
|Mushihimesama Bug Panic||2010||iOS||Cave|
|Espgaluda II HD||2011||iOS||Cave|
|DoDonPachi Blissful Death||2012||iOS||Cave|
|DoDonPachi Resurrection HD||2012||iOS||Cave|
|Bug Princess 2||2012||iOS||Cave|
|Bug Princess 2 Black Label||2012||iOS||Cave|
|DoDonPachi Maximum||2012||iOS, Windows Phone||Cave|
|Mushihimesama BUG PANIC||2013||Android||G-Gee|
|Hello Kitty Puzzle Chains||2014||iOS, Android||Mobage|
|Don Paccin||2014||iOS, Android||Mobage|
|Jagura x Monster||2014||iOS, Android||kitac|
- Company Overview
- 英ゲームメディア「Pocketgamer.biz」にて副社長 渡邉幹雄のインタビューが掲載！
- CAVE Launches New English Website
- Tsuneki Ikeda (Person)
- Makoto Asada (Person)
- Makoto Asada leaves Cave
- To all CAVE WORLD supporters | CAVE WORLD Official Blog
- ミニ四駆ネットワークス（株） 設立のお知らせ
- （株）ケイブ・オンライン・エンターテイメント 設立のお知らせ
- 当社子会社 「株式会社ケイブ・オンライン・エンターテイメント」 設立登記のお知らせ
- 株式会社ケイブ の有価証券報告書 (2010年06月01日 - 2011年05月31日 期)
- Arcade games | CAVE Database
- , System 16 - CAVE 68000 Hardware (Other)
- , System 16 - PGM Hardware (Other)
- , System 16 - CAVE CV1000B Hardware (Other)
- Cave's Gigantic Xbox 360 Shooter Collection Has 11 Games + A Disc Just To Install DLC - Siliconera
- Cave Shooting Collection Complete Packs 11 Games And 7 Playthrough DVDs - Siliconera
- Official websites for North America, Japan
- CAVE-World Official website
- CAVE Database.com
- The CAVE OF SHOOTING: An ATLUS/CAVE Arcade Game Tribute Site