From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up cavities or cavity in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A cavity is a hollow in an object. It may refer to:
- Cavity or dental caries, damage to the structure of a tooth
- Body cavity, a fluid filled space in many animals where organs typically develop
- Cavity (heat source), the regions formed between adjacent fins to extract heat from a variety of heat generating bodies to a heat sink
- Cavity wall, a wall consisting of two skins with a cavity
- Cavity (band), a sludge metal band from Miami, Florida
- Cavity method, a mathematical method to solve some mean field type of models
In radio frequency resonance
- Cavity Resonator, a device designed to select for waves of particular wavelengths
- Optical cavity, the cavity resonator of a laser
- Microwave cavity or RF cavity, a cavity resonator in the radio frequency range, for example used in particle accelerators
- Bisemi C, Rocha LAO, Bejan A. Inverted fins: geometric optimization of the intrusion into a conducting wall. Int J Heat Mass Transfer 2004;47:2577–86.
- M. R. Hajmohammadi, S. Poozesh, A. Campo and Seyed Salman Nourazar, Valuable reconsideration in the constructal design of cavities, Energy Conversion and Management, 66 (2013) 33–40.
- Lorenzini G, Biserni C, Rocha LAO. Geometric optimization of isothermal cavities according to Bejan’s theory. Int J Heat Mass Transfer 2011;54: 3868–73.
- A. Pouzesh, M. R. Hajmohammadi and S. Poozesh, Investigations on the internal shape of constructal cavities intruding a heat generating body, Thermal Science, DOI: 10.2298/TSCI120427164P 2012.
- Cavitation, the phenomenon of partial vacuums forming in fluid, for example, in propellors
- Cavitary pneumonia, a type of pneumonia in which a hole is formed in the lung
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Cavity.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.