Cease and desist
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A cease and desist is an order or request to halt an activity (cease) and not to take it up again later (desist) or else face legal action. The recipient of the cease-and-desist may be an individual or an organization.
See also 
- Abmahnung, a formal request by one person to another person to stop a certain behaviour forthwith (German law)
- Chilling Effects, a collaborative archive to protect lawful online activity from legal threats such as cease and desist letters
- Strategic lawsuit against public participation (SLAPP)
- Clameur de haro
- Chillingeffects.org—A joint project between the Electronic Frontier Foundation and several universities to monitor uses and abuses of intellectual property rights on the internet. Contains a database of cease-and-desist letters to which either senders or recipients can contribute.
- Marti, Don (April 12, 2002). "Google Begins Making DMCA Takedowns Public". Linux Journal. Retrieved 4 May 2013.