Cebu City Sports Complex
Coordinates: Cebu City Sports Complex is a major track and field stadium located in Cebu City, Philippines. The complex was built by the city to accommodate large events of various kinds. It is owned and managed by the city government. A number of major events have taken place at the Complex, including large concerts, sports events, and governmental activities.
The Sinulog foundation, responsible for the organization of the Sinulog Festival, is taking office in the complex and the Sinulog contest is usually held there. It is a major site for boxing in the Philippines. The Cebu City Sports Complex has been used by the local government to discuss political problems, like population transfer and urban renewal with local neighborhood organizations and for a government job fair. On August 2012 the PFF that the stadium will host its first ever international match, a friendly between Singapore national football team and the Philippine Azkals, the country's national football team. On August 27, 2014, the stadium again hosted a football friendly match, this time between Malaysia and the Azkals.
- "A ‘megadome’ for Cebu City: Councilor Jack," Sun Star Cebu, May 16, 2007, found at Sun Star Cebu website. Accessed June 11, 2009.
- Cebu City government website. Accessed June 11, 2009.[dead link]
- World Events Guide. Accessed June 11, 2009.
- Philippines boxing website. Accessed June 11, 2009.
- Timon Lely, "Land tenureship and civil society: in two city districts in Cebu City, research report", p. 34, found at socgeo.ruhosting.nl website. Accessed June 11, 2009.
- "Cebu City gov't to hold mega-registration at sports complex for jobs fair on June 12," June 5, 2008, found at Philippines Information Agency government website. Accessed June 11, 2009.
|This article about a Filipino sports venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|