Abellana Sports Complex
|Former names||Abellana Sports Complex|
|Location||Cebu City, Philippines|
|Owner||Cebu City Government|
|Operator||Cebu City Government|
Philippines national football team (2012-present)
Cebu City Sports Complex, commonly called as Abellana Sports Complex is a track and field stadium located in Cebu City, Philippines. The complex was built by the city to serve as the main venue for the 1994 Palarong Pambansa and accommodate large events of various kinds. It is owned and managed by the city government. A number of major events have taken place at the Complex, including concerts, sports events, governmental activities, and the Sinulog Fesival, which is held there every year.
The Sinulog Foundation, responsible for the organization of the Sinulog Festival, is taking office in the complex and the Sinulog contest is usually held there. The Cebu City Sports Complex has been used by the local government to discuss political problems, like population transfer and urban renewal with local neighborhood organizations and for a government job fair. On August 2012, the PFF that the stadium will host its first ever international match, a friendly between Singapore national football team and the Philippine Azkals, the country's national football team.
- "A ‘megadome’ for Cebu City: Councilor Jack," Sun Star Cebu, May 16, 2007, found at Sun Star Cebu website. Accessed June 11, 2009.
- Cebu City government website. Accessed June 11, 2009.[dead link]
- World Events Guide. Accessed June 11, 2009.
- Timon Lely, "Land tenureship and civil society: in two city districts in Cebu City, research report", p. 34, found at socgeo.ruhosting.nl website. Accessed June 11, 2009.
- "Cebu City gov't to hold mega-registration at sports complex for jobs fair on June 12," June 5, 2008, found at Philippines Information Agency government website. Accessed June 11, 2009.
|This article about a Filipino sports venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|