|Chinese name||張柏芝 (Traditional)|
|Chinese name||张柏芝 (Simplified)|
|Pinyin||Zhāng Bózhī (Mandarin)|
|Jyutping||Zeong1 Paak3 Zi1 (Cantonese)|
|Birth name||Cheung Pak-Chi|
|Ethnicity||Eurasian - British 1/4 and 3/4 Cantonese|
24 May 1980 |
|Spouse(s)||Nicholas Tse (m. 2006–2011)|
|Children||Lucas Tse (b. 2007)
Quintus Tse (b. 2010)
Cecilia Cheung Pak-Chi (born 24 May 1980) is a Hong Kong actress and cantopop singer. She is the ex-wife of Nicholas Tse, thus being the daughter-in-law of Patrick Tse and Deborah Lee. She and Nicholas have two sons, Lucas and Quintus Tse. She is considered a "Sing girl"—an actress who first received media attention through starring alongside Stephen Chow, and later went on to have a successful career of her own. Cheung was also involved in the 2008 Edison Chen photo scandal.
Cheung was born in Hong Kong to a Chinese father and a half Chinese-half British mother. Her parents divorced when she was just a child after which she was sent to Australia to live with her aunt at the age of fourteen. She has an elder half-sister Dai Pek-Chi, two younger brothers and a younger half-brother from her father's side.
Her career began in 1998, when she was offered to appear in a TV commercial advertising lemon tea. She caught the attention of Stephen Chow after shooting the ad. Later, Cheung made her film debut as a young nightclub hostess in Stephen Chow's King of Comedy (1999), followed soon after by Fly Me to Polaris (1999). The latter role earned her the award for Best Newcomer at the Hong Kong Film Awards. In the same year, Cheung launched her singing career with her first Cantopop album Any Weather (1999). For Derek Yee's romantic drama Lost in Time (2003), Cheung won the award for Best Actress at the 2004 Hong Kong Film Awards. She played a young woman who lost her fiancé to a traffic accident which left her as a grieving single mother struggling to make ends meet.
Cheung has been linked to Hong Kong male singers such as Daniel Chan and Jordan Chan. She then dated Nicholas Tse in early 2002, but then split with Tse late that year when Tse returned to his ex-girlfriend, singer Faye Wong. Later she was rumoured to have dated a younger Siyuan Lu before the relationship ended in 2003. Cheung was diagnosed with clinical depression and was prescribed with anti-depressants after the breakup with Tse in 2002. She suffered from insomnia and anorexia nervosa during her relationship with Tse in that year due to the overwhelmingly public and media scrutiny of Cheung being the third party in Wong and Tse's relationship. She continued to suffer from eating disorders until late 2003. In early 2003, rumors of Cheung and Edison Chen engaging in an underground relationship surfaced. However, the media was not able to provide evidence, thus the rumors quickly disappeared until the infamous racy photos incident in 2008. Cheung and Tse were first reported to have reconciled in early 2006 and on 31 July 2006, Tse officially admitted to dating Cheung in an interview with Commercial Radio Hong Kong 881/903.
On the 8 January 2007 episode of TVB's Entertainment Scoop (東張西望), Nicholas' father, Patrick Tse, confirmed that Cheung was approximately three months pregnant with the couple's first child. Around March 2007 on the episode of TVB's Entertainment Scoop (東張西望) it was said that their child, a baby boy, is due in August. On 2 August 2007, Cheung gave birth to a son, named Lucas. On 12 May 2010, she gave birth to the couple's second son, Quintus. On 23 August 2011, the couple made a public announcement of an agreement to a divorce, and to share a joint custody of their two sons.
1999 Triad threat incident 
In 1999, her triad member father got into a misunderstanding with a rival gang. As a result, Cheung received rape and death threats against her, when she was still relatively new in the film industry.
2008 Edison Chen Photo scandal 
- Dangerous Liaisons (危险关系) (2012)
- The Monkey King (2012)
- The Lion Roars 2 (2012)
- Speed Angels (2011)
- Repeat, I Love You (2011)
- Legendary Amazons (2011)
- Treasure Hunt (2011)
- All's Well, Ends Well 2011 (2011)
- The 601st Phone Call (第601個電話) (2006)
- My Kung-Fu Sweetheart (野蠻秘笈) (2006)
- The Shopaholics (最愛女人購物狂) (2006)
- The Promise (無極) (2005) (Film Nominated in the Golden Globe, HK Film Awards, Golden Trailer, Fantasporto)
- Himalaya Singh (喜瑪拉阿星) (2005)
- The White Dragon (小白龍情海翻波) (2004)
- One Nite in Mongkok (旺角黑夜) (2004)
- Papa Loves You (這個阿爸真爆炸) (2004) [cameo]
- Sex and the Beauties (性感都市) (2004)
- Fantasia (鬼馬狂想曲)(2004)
- Lost in Time (忘了忘不了) (2003) (Won Best female actress in Golden Bauhinia and Hong Kong Film Awards)
- Running on Karma (大隻老) (2003) (Won Best actress for the Hong Kong Film Critics Society)
- Cat and Mouse (老鼠愛上貓) (2003)
- Honesty (絕種好男人) (2003)
- Mighty Baby (絕世好B) (2002)
- Second Time Around (無限復活) (2002)
- The Lion Roars (我家有一隻河東師) (2002)
- The Legend of Zu (屬山正傳) (2001)
- Para Para Sakura (Para Para 嬰之花)(2001)
- Shaolin Soccer (少林足球) (2001) [cameo]
- Failan (파이란, 白蘭) (2001)
- Everyday Is Valentine (情謎大話王) (2001)
- Master Q 2001 (老夫子2001) (2001)
- Wu Yen (鐘無艷) (2001)
- Twelve Nights (十二夜) (2000)
- Tokyo Raiders (東京功略) (2000)
- Help!!! (辣手回春) (2000)
- The Legend of Speed (烈火戰車2之極速傳說) (1999)
- Fly Me to Polaris (星願) (1999) (Won best new actress in Hong Kong Film Awards)
- The King of Comedy (喜劇之王) (1999) (nominated as best new actress in Hong Kong Film Awards)
- C1 (2005)
- Colour of Lip (至愛唇色(新曲+精選)) (2003)
- True self (真我) (2002)
- Newest Image (最新形象) (2001)
- New Experience (全新經驗(新曲+精選)) (2001)
- Party All the Time (2001)
- Cecilia Cheung (張柏芝同名國語專輯) (2000)
- A Brand New Me (不一樣的我) (2000)
- 903 California Red Concert (2000)
- Destination (1999)
- Any Weather (任何天氣) (1999)
- Stareastasia. "News.stareastasia.com." Cecilia Cheung back on stage. Retrieved on 22 April 2008.
- (Chinese) 邱致理 (Qiu Zhili) (10 December 2007). "张雨绮亲述一夜成名:30秒搞定周星驰 (Zhang Yuqi's overnight fame: 30 seconds to win over Stephen Chow". 南都周刊. Retrieved 28 June 2009.
- Asiaone.com. "Asiaone.com." Will Edison's Girls survive scandal?. Retrieved on 22 April 2008.
- Dianying.com. "Dianying.com." 1999 Hong Kong Film Awards Nominations. Retrieved on 22 April 2008.
- HKFAA. "HKFAA." 19th HK film award. Retrieved on 22 April 2008.
- HKFAA. "HKFAA." 23rd HK film award. Retrieved on 22 April 2008.
- China.org.cn. "China.org.cn." The Cecilia Cheung Night to Come. Retrieved on 22 April 2008.
- Kungfucinema. "Kungfu." Nicholas TSE by Albert Valentin. Retrieved on 22 April 2008.
- Tay, Vanessa Valerie (14 June 2011). "Nicholas Tse divorces Cecilia Cheung". AsiaOne. Retrieved 15 June 2011.
- batgwa.com. "batgwa.com – 'Edison's Conquests' Sex Photos – Suspect Arrested". Retrieved on 31 January 2008.