Cecilia Dart-Thornton was born and raised in Melbourne, Australia, graduating from Monash University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in sociology. She became a schoolteacher before working as an editor, bookseller, illustrator and book designer. She started and ran her own business, but became a full-time writer in 2000 after her work was ‘discovered’ on the Internet and published by Time Warner (New York). A keen supporter of animal rights and wilderness conservation, she has also branched out into such diverse industries as clay sculpting, performing in folk music bands, and digital media. Her books are published around the world and have been translated into several languages.
 Published works
||This section's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (December 2012)|
 The Bitterbynde Trilogy
This series follows the journey of a mute, amnesiac foundling through a world of beauty and peril, teeming with faerie creatures.
Also available as audio books.
 The Crowthistle Chronicles
A four-part epic fantasy describing the adventures that befall a cursed and gifted family.
 Other works
- "Long the Clouds Are Over Me Tonight" (Published in the anthology Emerald Magic: Great Tales of Irish Fantasy; Tor Books, 2004)
- "The Stolen Swanmaiden" (Published in Australian Women’s Weekly September 2005)
- "The Lanes of Camberwell" (Published by Harper Collins in the anthology DREAMING AGAIN, 2008)
- "The Enchanted" (Published by Harper Collins in the anthology LEGENDS OF AUSTRALIAN FANTASY, 2010)
- Official website of Cecilia Dart-Thornton
- Bibliography at Fantastic Fiction
- SCI FI Channel "Essentials" Book Program
- Hachette Book Group (Time Warner) Author page
- The Bitterbynde Role-Play Game
- Cecilia Dart-Thornton at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database