Cedar Shoals High School
|Cedar Shoals High School|
|1300 Cedar Shoals Drive
Athens, Georgia, (Clarke County), 30605
|School type||Public, High school|
|School district||Clarke County School District|
|NCES District ID||1301170.|
|NCES School ID||130117000453.|
|Faculty||99.10 (on an FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||15.31|
|Schedule type||Rotating seven periods over five periods over three days|
|Hours in school day||8:45am to 3:30pm|
|Color(s)||Blue and Orange|
|Feeder schools||Hilsman Middle School,
W. R. Coile Middle School
Cedar Shoals High School is a high school established in 1972 in Athens, Georgia, in the Clarke County School District. It is one of the two traditional high schools[clarification needed] in the school system, the other one being Clarke Central High School; the two schools have a rivalry known as the Classic City Championship. The school inaugurated a new building in 2001.
Among the several well known student activities and clubs at Cedar Shoals are:
The ROTC Raider Program- this team of male and female ROTC cadets have earned countless awards and honors over the year at many state, regional and national Raider events.
The Classic City Sound Marching Band- the marching band, under the direction of Dion Muldrow, has earned several Superior honors at area marching band festivals. Known for their halftime shows highlighting pop, funk and even Latin fares, the band has performed at the Allstate Sugar Bowl as well as the National 4th of July Parade in Washington DC.
The "QuizJags" Academic Team- the CSHS Academic Team, commonly called the QuizJags, have won several city, region and state titles since 2004. For 2013, they are the reigning GATA Class 5A JV Champion, the GHSA Region 8 5A Varsity champion and the three time defending Classic City Champion, defeating cross town rival Clarke Central the last three years to earn the right to play on WSB-TV's "HighQ" program, where they have used their scoring ability to raise funds for the United Way and the Athens Area Homeless Shelter.
PACS-Positive About Cedar Shoals is a school wide philanthropy that raises funds for area programs as well performs community events in town, among them picking up trash along Cedar Shoals Drive and clearing the CSHS Rain Garden
Interact- a student division of Rotary International, this club also raises funds for charity.
Cedar Shoals High School has a student to computer ratio of 3.7:1.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Clarke County". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved August 9, 2011.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Cedar Shoals High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved August 9, 2011.
- "School board names Price principal at Cedar Shoals". OnlineAthens • Athens Banner-Herald • Morris Digital Works. May 13, 2011. Retrieved August 10, 2011.
- Cedar Shoals High School, retrieved August 26, 2011. http://www.clarke.k12.ga.us/CedarShoals.cfm
- "Cedar Shoals High School". Retrieved August 10, 2011.