Cedar Shoals High School
|Cedar Shoals High School|
|1300 Cedar Shoals Drive
Athens, Georgia, (Clarke County), 30605
|School type||Public, High school|
|School district||Clarke County School District|
|NCES District ID||1301170.|
|NCES School ID||130117000453.|
|Faculty||99.10 (on an FTE basis)|
|Color(s)||Blue and Orange|
|Feeder schools||Hilsman Middle School,
W. R. Coile Middle School
Cedar Shoals High School is a high school established in 1972 in Athens, Georgia, in the Clarke County School District. Cedar Shoals and Clarke Central High School are the two main high schools of the Clarke County School District, and their rivalry is known as the Classic City Championship. The school inaugurated a new building in 2001.
|This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: The list is kinda jumbled up. (April 2014)|
Cedar Shoals features a variety of student activities.
- The JROTC Raider team of male and female JROTC cadets compete at many state, regional and national Raider events. For the 70th anniversary of D-Day, they were the only group from Georgia to be invited to march in the D-Day Memorial parade in Ste. Mere-Eglise on June 6, 2014. Their trip was impeded by a delayed flight to New York, forcing them to spend the night at John F. Kennedy Airport. The cadets marched in the parade and toured the Normandy area and Paris before returning home on June 11th, 2014.
- The Classic City Sound Marching Band, under the direction of Dion Muldrow, has earned several Superior honors at area marching band festivals. Known for their halftime shows highlighting pop, funk and even Latin fares, the band has performed at the Allstate Sugar Bowl as well as the National 4th of July Parade in Washington DC.
- The school academic team (known as the QuizJags) has won several city, region and state titles since 2004. On April 30, 2014, they defeated Galloway School to become WSB-TV's High Q champion and win $5000 in scholarship money for the players. The team has also attended three National History Bowls in Washington DC as well as six NAQT High School National Championship Tournaments since 2004.
- PACS (Positive About Cedar Shoals) is a school wide philanthropy that raises funds for area programs as well performs community events in town, including picking up litter near the school and taking care of the school rain garden.
- The Interact Club is a student division of Rotary International that raises funds for charity.
- Quentin Moses, defensive lineman for the Georgia Bulldogs and the NFL
- Tituss Burgess, Broadway actor known for playing Sebastian in The Little Mermaid
- Marieo Foster, First Chief of Law Enforcement for Arlington National Cemetery's Directorate of Emergency Services
- DeDe Lattimore, defensive lineman for University of South Florida and currently playing for the Chicago Bears
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Clarke County". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved August 9, 2011.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Cedar Shoals High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved August 9, 2011.
- "School board names Price principal at Cedar Shoals". OnlineAthens • Athens Banner-Herald • Morris Digital Works. May 13, 2011. Retrieved August 10, 2011.
- Cedar Shoals High School, retrieved August 26, 2011. http://www.clarke.k12.ga.us/CedarShoals.cfm
- "Cedar Shoals High School". Retrieved August 10, 2011.