The Spring Azure (Celastrina ladon) is a butterfly of the Lycaenidae family. It is found in North America from Alaska and Canada south of the tundra, through most of the United States except the Texas coast, southern plain and peninsula Florida; south in the mountains to Colombia.
Since the publication of a monograph on the Lycaenopsis Group of Lycaenid genera in 1983 by Eliot & Kawazoe, ladon has been considered by some taxonomic authorities to be a subspecies of Celastrina argiolus (Linnaeus, 1758). Other authorities still consider C. ladon and related species C. neglecta and C. serotina, to be "full" species.
Similar Species 
- ^ Entomology Collection, E.H. Strickland Entomological Museum
- ^ Eliot, J. N. and Kawazoe, A., 1983. Blue butterflies of the Lycaenopsis group: 1-309, 6 pls. London.
- ^ Cherry Gall Azure full species status, BugGuide.com
- ^ Spring Azure, Butterflies of Canada
- ^ Spring Azure, Butterflies and Moths of North America
- ^ Spring Azure, Encyclopedia of Life
- ^ Celastrina, funet.fi
External links