||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for web content. (July 2008)|
Type of site
|Launched||June 3, 2008|
|2,864 (April 2014[update])|
Celebuzz is an entertainment website launched in June 2008 that features breaking TV, movie, and entertainment news. The site claims to reach more than 9 million unique visitors per month. Headquartered in Hollywood, CA, Celebuzz is known for featuring exclusive blogs written by A-list celebrities, particularly members of the Kardashian family (Kim,Khloe, Kourtney, Kendall, and Kylie). Other notable bloggers include Whitney Port, Nick Cannon and Holly Madison.
Launched in June 2008, Celebuzz is the flagship property of Buzz Media (formerly known as Buzznet), the largest digital publisher of entertainment news. Celebuzz’s content is produced entirely by an in-house editorial team in Los Angeles and New York City led by Editor-in-Chief Dylan Howard, who joined the site in March 2012 after previously serving as Senior Executive Editor at Radar Online.
In Fall 2012, Buzz Media and Celebuzz unveiled a new state-of-the-art video studio at the Buzz Media headquarters in Hollywood. The studio, overlooking the famed Sunset Strip and Hollywood sign, is used primarily to film originally programming for Celebuzz, including the signature show “The Daily Buzz.” The new video studio in Los Angeles and a sister studio at Buzz Media in New York provide added capabilities to produce and film video content that can be deployed across the company’s more than 40 leading properties. The studio is a live, multi-camera production facility that features broadcast quality HD video and webcasting technology.
Kelly Lynch became Editor-in-Chief of Celebuzz in April 2013.
- "Celebuzz.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "Celebuzz Profile". Buzz Media. 2012-12-01.
- "Kim Kardashian Partners with Celebuzz to Further Expand Online Presence". Yahoo! Business. 2008-07-30.
- "Buzznet Launches Celebuzz.com". CNET Networks. 2008-06-02.
- "Comscore Ranks BUZZMEDIA #1 in Entertainment News". Buzz Media. 2012-09-24.
- "Dylan Howard Takes Over as Celebuzz.com Editor-in-Chief". Media Bistro. 2012-04-10.