|Chestnut woodpecker (Celeus elegans)|
F. Boie, 1831
- Cinnamon woodpecker, Celeus loricatus
- Scaly-breasted woodpecker, Celeus grammicus
- Waved woodpecker, Celeus undatus
- Chestnut-colored woodpecker, Celeus castaneus
- Chestnut woodpecker, Celeus elegans
- Pale-crested woodpecker, Celeus lugubris
- Blond-crested woodpecker, Celeus flavescens
- Cream-colored woodpecker, Celeus flavus
- Rufous-headed woodpecker, Celeus spectabilis
- Kaempfer's woodpecker, Celeus (spectabilis) obrieni; formerly Caatinga woodpecker
- Ringed woodpecker, Celeus torquatus
- Amazonian black-breasted woodpecker, Celeus occidentalis
- Atlantic black-breasted woodpecker. Celeus tinnunculus
The South Asian rufous woodpecker (Micropternus brachyurus) is a peculiar species that was formerly placed in Celeus too. However, its similarity seems to be due to convergent evolution, as it does not even seem to belong to the same tribe of Picinae as Celeus does.
- ffrench, Richard (1991). A Guide to the Birds of Trinidad and Tobago (2nd edition ed.). Comstock Publishing. ISBN 0-8014-9792-2.
- Hilty, Steven L (2003). Birds of Venezuela. London: Christopher Helm. ISBN 0-7136-6418-5.
- Stiles and Skutch, A guide to the birds of Costa Rica ISBN 0-8014-9600-4
|This Piciformes-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|