30 December 1975 |
|Occupation||Journalist, novelist, critic|
|Spouse(s)||Piers Morgan (m. 2010)|
|Relatives||George Walden (father)|
Her first novel Harm's Way was published in 2008.
From 2006 to 2010, she dated Piers Morgan, former editor of the Daily Mirror who is now a television personality and fellow critic; they married in 2010 (see below). She was previously in a relationship with chef Jean-Christophe Novelli. While she previously professed a preference for the Brentford F.C., she has begun supporting Arsenal F.C. since her engagement and is now frequently seen at games wearing a replica shirt with "Morgan, 1" printed on the back.
On 24 June 2010, she married Morgan in a private ceremony, thought to have taken place in the Oxfordshire village of Swinbrook with a reception at the local pub. Morgan announced in Spring 2011 that the couple were expecting a child. On 25 November 2011, her husband announced the arrival of their newborn baby girl, named Elise, via Twitter. The message read: "It's true. I've become a Dad for the 4th time, to a baby girl called Elise. She's absurdly beautiful, and utterly adorable."
On 24 March 2011, Celia Morgan wrote a column in The Daily Telegraph expressing her hatred of cyclists - fair weather cyclists in particular. The end of her article read "[…] and of course this lot are so confident on the roads that they will all be plugged into their iPods, calmly humming "lalalalala" along to Sasha Distel as that articulated lorry indicates left". This was seen as bad taste due to the fact that the article was published in the same week that a cyclist in central London had been killed by a heavy goods vehicle (HGV). Six other cyclists had been killed by HGVs since the beginning of 2011.
- "Piers Morgan 'ties knot with girlfriend'". Digitalspy.co.uk. 2010-06-24. Retrieved 2011-01-17.
- "Piers Morgan 'beams throughout wedding'". Digitalspy.co.uk. 2010-06-25. Retrieved 2011-01-17.
- "Driven crazy by a fluttering Fair Weather Cyclist". http://www.telegraph.co.uk. 2011-03-24. Retrieved 2011-08-20.
- "A reply to Celia Walden". http://cycling-intelligence.com. 2011-03-25. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- My Mentor: Celia Walden on George Walden The Independent, Monday 4 August 2008
- The Observer, Sunday July 9, 2006: Life as a gossip girl, by Polly Vernon Profiles of several UK gossip columnists, including Celia Walden.
- Press Gazette: Axe grinder 28.10.05
- It's a Gossip Thing; Celia Walden and Jessica Fellowes bring you the lowdown on the latest in books, films and celebs... The Mail on Sunday (London) 7 March 2004
- Daily Telegraph blog