Jaitly in 2007
24 November 1981 |
|Occupation||Actress, Entrepreneur, Writer|
|Spouse(s)||Peter Haag (2011–present)|
|Children||Winston and Viraaj (24 March 2012)|
Celina Jaitly (born 24 November 1981) is an Shimla-born Indian actress who mainly appears in Bollywood films. A former beauty queen and model, she was crowned Femina Miss India Universe in 2001.
Early life 
Celina Jaitly was born on 24 November 1981 in Kabul to V.K. Jaitly, a retired Indian Army Colonel from Punjab, India and Meeta, an Afghan nurse in the Indian Army. She has one brother, who is currently serving the Indian Army Special Force. Her parents are settled in the Army town of Mhow in the Indore district of Madhya Pradesh.
Due to her army background, Jaitly grew up in several cities in India, like Lucknow, where she attended City Montessori School. However most of her life was spent in the Kashmir valley and the north eastern states of India She also spent some years of her childhood in Cuddalore, Tamil Nadu and graduated from St Joseph's College, Manjakuppam. She has, however, spent most of her time in Kolkata, India.
During her teenage years, Jaitly aspired to be a part of the Indian army, either as a doctor or a pilot. However, she started modeling alongside studies at the age of 16 Celina and took part in the 2001 Ms India pageant. She won the crown and then went on to become a runner up at Ms Universe the same year.
In the year 2003, Jaitly was discovered by noted actor & director Feroz Khan who offered her the lead role in her debut film Janasheen. For comedy film Golmaal Returns, Celina won several awards for her performance in the film.
Jaitly came in first place at Femina Miss India 2001 winning the title of Femina Miss India Universe 2001. In addition to her title, she won the Miss Margo Beautiful Skin, Indiatimes Surfer's Choice, and MTV's Most Wanted award. She was subsequently sent to the Miss Universe 2001 contest representing India where she was finished 4th runner up.
In 2003, she made her film debut in Feroz Khan's Janasheen. In 2007 Jaitly flew to New Zealand and shot her first international movie Love Has No Language, a romantic comedy. While there, she was targeted by a stalker who had followed her from India. Jaitly was said to be traumatized by the experience.
There were reports that Jaitly was slated to play the character of a Persian princess in the film Quest of Scheherzade along with actors Sean Connery and Orlando Bloom, and directed by Ken Khan. However, this has yet to be confirmed.
Personal life 
In January 2011, she announced her engagement with Austrian businessman, hotelier and marketeer, Peter Haag. She married Peter Haag on 23 July 2011 at a thousand year old monastery in Austria. Now she is living in Mumbai, Dubai and Singapore. and has delivered twin boys in March 2012.
||This section needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012)|
Jaitly is a supporter of the rights and equality of the LGBT community and supports the gay rights movement in India. She has been involved in various activities concerning human rights, women and children health, and sex workers rehabilitation in India for the past 10 years.
Jaitly was a vociferous proponent of abolition of Article 377 of Indian Penal Code (IPC), which criminalized homosexuality. The actress once stated that her first boyfriend was a closet homosexual who died of bulimia-induced problems. She has appeared several times on national TV channels, debating people who oppose abolition of Article 377.
The actress recently pledged her eyes to Aditya Jyot Eye Hospital, one of the leading eye care hospitals in Mumbai. The hospital had launched the "Care for the eye" program as a social initiative aimed at supporting the cause of eye donation, as part of its 19th anniversary.
She has also done a photoshoot to show her support for PETA.
|No Entry||Sanjana Saxena|
|2006||Jawani Diwani: A Youthful Joyride||Roma Fernandes|
|Tom, Dick, and Harry||Celina|
|Apna Sapna Money Money||Saania|
|2007||Red: The Dark Side||Anahita Saxena|
|Shakalaka Boom Boom||Sheena|
|Heyy Babyy||Special appearance|
|2008||C Kkompany||Item number|
|Money Hai Toh Honey Hai||Shruti|
|Golmaal Returns||Meera mena|
|Accident on Hill Road||Sonam Chopra|
|2010||Hello Darling||Candy Fernandes|
|2012||Will You Marry Me?|
|Run Bhola Run|
- "I am unlucky in love: Celina". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 25 November 2008. Retrieved 13 May 2009.
- Gavin Rasquinha, Reagan (19 November 2006). "On your guard". Times of India. Retrieved 13 May 2009.
- "Celina Jaitly's WebSite Launch". Mid-day. 2009-02-18.
- Celina Jaitly (Actress) Official website
- "Accident... will show another side of me: Celina...", The Hindustan Times, December 26, 2009, retrieved 19 March 2013
- "Celina Jaitly". The Times of India. 10 December 2002. Retrieved 11 November 2008.
- Bhandari, Geetika Sasan (15 September 2001). "How ice hockey made Jaswinder into Jazzy". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 February 2012.
- "Celina Jaitly". Indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2 March 2012.
- "Celina Jaitly and Sean Connery, Will They Team Up". Pamil-visions.net. Retrieved 2011-08-29.
- "Celina to tie the knot in Egypt". Times of India. 9 January 2011. Retrieved 2011-01-09.
- "Celina Jaitley engaged to Peter Haag". Bollygraph. 2011-01-04. Retrieved 2011-01-16.
- KBR, Upala (30 August 2011). "I had a beautiful wedding: Celina Jaitley". The Times of India. Retrieved 2011-09-04.
- Sharma, Mukul Kumar (15 February 2012). "Celina Jaitley Obsessed with "Will You Marry Me"". Bollygraph. Retrieved 17 February 2012.
- "Celina Jaitley delivers twin boys.". IBN Live. 24 March 2012. Retrieved 2012-03-24.
- "Celina Jaitly talks about Twitter, LGBT issues". HeadlinesIndia. 14 September 2009. Retrieved 14 September 2009.
- ""Bollywood supports gay rights", says Celina Jaitly". Sify. 29 June 2009. Retrieved 4 July 2009.
- Hingorani, Piya (30 June 2009). "Celina Jaitly campaigns for gay rights". CNN-IBN. Retrieved 4 July 2009.
- "Mumbai’s gay pride comes to fore".
- Post To: (19 April 2009). "Celina Jaitley at re-launch of pro-gay mag Bombay Dost". Bollywood Reloaded. Retrieved 20 January 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Celina Jaitley|
|Miss India Universe