Celinés at the Dominican Parade NYC 2009.
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Celines Toribio is a Dominican actress, model, and Spanish-speaking television personality.
Toribio was born in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. In 1996 she graduated from Lehman College with a Bachelors Degree in Mass Communications and a Minor in Theater. She moved to Los Angeles in 2006 to pursue acting and currently studies with Arthur Mendoza, an acting coach who has worked with Salma Hayek, Benicio del Toro, and Laurence Fishburne.
Celines Toribio is managed by Giancarlo Chersich.
Toribio began her television career in 1995 as host of the variety and entertainment program Sabado Al Mediodia (Saturday at Midday), alongside Cuban entertainer Luis Velasco and was also a featured as an entertainment reporter on WXTV's local newscast as the host of Galeria (Gallery), a daily live gossip and entertainment segment, and Mi Gente (My People), a weekly segment that profiled and interviewed famous Latino personalities. During Toribio's tenure at WXTV, she made several appearances at local Latino events such as the Puerto Rican Day Parade and the Dominican Day Parade.
In 1997, Toribio received national exposure on Univision, the nation's dominant Spanish-language television network, as the on-air host for the network's coverage of Miami's Calle Ocho street festival, Little Havana. Later, she became a reporter for Univision's weekly primetime Fuera De Serie (Something Outrageous), and an entertainment reporter for El Gordo y La Flaca (Fat and Skinny), the network's daily entertainment news and gossip show. During her career she has interviewed many major Latino celebrities including Ricky Martin, Luis Miguel, Celia Cruz, and Michelle Rodriguez among many others. From 2002 to 2006, Toribio was the host of a Major League Baseball show on ESPN Deportes called Sabor a Beisbol. Fox Sports is featuring her in their September television special about Latinos in Baseball. She is the only woman that ever hosted a Major League Baseball-produced television show. She also spent time as a co-host of the Spanish language morning radio program in New York called Coco y Celines de 6 AM-10 AM.
On September 13, 2008 she will be the host of FIESTA 2008, a major Latino concert at Central Park summer stage in New York presented by People en Español and sponsored by ABC, Maybelline, and Verizon.
Toribio recently finished shooting El hijo del carnicero (The Butcher’s Son) opposite Manny Perez. In June 2008, she worked with Vin Diesel in a short film which is part of the upcoming film Fast & Furious.
She also starred opposite Michelle Rodriguez in the historical film Trópico de Sangre which debuted in the New York International Latino Film Festival on July 29, 2010. In the film, she portrays Dedé Mirabal.
|2010||Trópico de Sangre||Dedé Mirabal|
|2009||The Butcher's Son||President's assistant||aka La Soga - Dominican Republic (original title). Also appears as producer.|
|2005||Los Locos Tambien Piensan||Alexandra|
- "Celines Toribio Academia de Arte y Belleza". Retrieved 2008-09-06.[dead link]
- "Celines Toribio se Agiganta este Viernes". Retrieved 2008-09-06.
- "Celinés Toribio se casa con Giancarlo Chersich". Retrieved 2008-09-06.
- "Urban Latino". Retrieved 2008-09-06.
- "Celinés Toribio". Retrieved 2008-09-06.[dead link]
- "Sabor a Beisbol". Retrieved 2008-09-06.
- "Stuff Magazine". Retrieved 2008-09-06.
- "Meet us at Rumsey Playfield". Retrieved 2008-09-06.[dead link]
- "Dominican Manny Perez to produce film around hometown". Retrieved 2008-09-06.
- "Vin Diesel empieza a filmar aquí "Rápido y Furioso"". Retrieved 2008-09-06.
- "Michelle Rodríguez será Minerva Mirabal en Trópico de Sangre". Retrieved 2008-09-06.
- "The 50 Most Beautiful 2008". Retrieved 2008-09-03.[dead link]
- "The Celines Toribio Academy of Art and Communication". Retrieved 2008-09-03.