- This article is about the power metal band. For the television production company, see Celador.
Cellador's current lineup
|Origin||Omaha, Nebraska, U.S.|
|Genres||Power metal, speed metal, heavy metal|
|Years active||2004 - present|
|Past members||See "Former members"|
Cellador is a power metal band based out of Denver, Colorado. Originally from Omaha, Nebraska, the band was founded in 2003 by Chris Petersen, the band's primary songwriter, as a direct contrast to the overcrowded metalcore and death metal scenes of the American Midwest. The band has had multiple lineup changes since its inception, but is now rounded out by bass player James Pickett, drummer Nick Mccallister, keyboardist Diego Valadez, and guitarist Caleb Delaet. In 2005 the band signed to Metal Blade Records after playing a show with The Black Dahlia Murder.
Cellador's debut album Enter Deception was released in 2006. The band recorded the album at Erik Rutan's Mana Studios. In an article from the December 2006 issue of Metal Maniacs magazine, Chris Petersen says he created the band name in reference to a J.R.R. Tolkien essay which stated that the two words have an appealing sound when combined. Petersen also said that the band was originally called "Apostate", but the name was later changed to Cellador because he felt it was more fitting for the band.
Cellador has toured across the United States, Canada and Mexico with bands such as Trivium, Bullet for My Valentine, All that Remains, Protest the Hero, The Human Abstract, The Sword, Behemoth, and Sonata Arctica.  They have also performed at the ProgPower USA festival in Atlanta, Georgia, as well as the LoudPark festival in Japan, among many others.
The band went into hiatus in the year 2009 after several members of the "Enter Deception" era lineup left the band. In 2011 after 2 years without any updates, the band quietly released 4 demo songs online from their upcoming EP entitled "Honor Forth." Lead by guitarist/songwriter Chris Petersen, the band held continuous auditions for the entirety of 2009-2012 and ultimately reformed with bass player James Pickett, drummer Nick Mccallister, keyboardist Diego Valadez, and guitarist Caleb Delaet. Petersen officially took up the lead vocalist position in 2012.
In December 2012, the band announced new live shows beginning in 2013. They spent the entirety of the year establishing in the Colorado area, and playing one-off shows as guest openers for Havok, Into Eternity, Helloween, Shining, Vale of Pnath, Amaranthe, and others.
In February 2014 the band announced signing with Extreme Management Group, and announced a Spring US tour with thrash bands Hatchet and Diamond Plate. Exmortus filled for several shows on the tour after Diamond Plate pulled out due to travel issues. The band indicated they would release long awaited new material in 2014.
- Chris Petersen – Guitar, Vocals (2004–present)
- Diego Valadez - Synths (2011–present)
- Nick Mcallister - Drums (2011–present)
- James Pickett - Bass (2011–Present)
- Caleb Delaet - Guitar (2012–Present)
- Sam Chatham - guitar (2004–2005)
- Valentin Rakhmanov – bass (2004–2007)
- Dave Dahir – drums (2004–2007, 2007–2009)
- Bill Hudson - guitar (2005–2008)
- Michael Gremio – vocals (2005–2009)
- Rick Halverson - drums (2007)
- Mika Horiuchi – bass (2007–2009)
- Yord - guitar (2008–2009)
- The Burning Blue (Demo) (2004)
- Leaving All Behind (EP) (2005)
- Enter Deception (2006)
- Honor Forth (EP) (2011)
- Cellador on Facebook
- Cellador on Reverb Nation
- Official Cellador Homepage
- Official Cellador Myspace
- Official Cellador Forum
- Metal Blade Records