Cement industry in the People's Republic of China
China cement output reached more than 500 million tons in the first half of 2008; the figure will break 1.4 billion tons for the whole year considering the strong demand from post-earthquake reconstruction.
To improve the concentration of clusters is the primary objective for the structure adjustment of China cement industry considering the current concentration degree is only 20%. China cement industry is projected to accelerate its structure adjustment for fiscal year 2009. In addition, the major players will enhance the waste heat generation projects, as well as new production line construction. Moreover, the cement industry has a lack of capital as a whole; IPO and refinancing have been proposed as the main ways to solve the capital bottleneck.
China cement still faces many challenges, e.g. unreasonable structures, too many small companies, and backward production capacity. In 2006, China's central government issued a series of policies to accelerate the adjustment in the cement industry and eliminate backward production capacity. The National Development and Reform Commission confirmed that manufactures with backward output capacity should be entirely eliminated during 2007 to 2010, but the following 12 manufacturers will be strong supported.
With the recovery of China cement industry, along with the challenges in China cement industry, foreign investors have started to pay attention to China cement market, more and more are involved in the activities of merger and acquisitions.
Largest 19 Chinese cement manufacturers
- Anhui Conch Cement Co., Ltd
- Tangshan Jidong Cement Co., Ltd
- Datong Cement Co., Ltd
- Xinjiang Tianshan Cement Co., Ltd
- Sichuan Shuangma Cement Co., Ltd
- Henan Tongli Cement Co., Ltd
- Inner Mongolia Xishui Chuangye Co., Ltd
- Anhui Chaodong Cement Co., Ltd
- Jiangxi Wannianqing Cement Co., Ltd
- Ningxia Saima Industry Co., Ltd
- Taiyuan Lionhead Cement Co., Ltd
- Shaanxi Qinling Cement Co., Ltd
- Sichuan Golden Summit (Group) CO., Ltd
- Huaxin Cement Co., Ltd
- Fujian Cement Co., Ltd
- Hebei Taihang Cement Co., Ltd
- Jilin Yatai Group Co., Ltd
- Guangdong Tapai Group Co., Ltd
- Gansu Qilianshan Cement Co., Ltd
- "China produces 2.18Bt of cement in 2012". Global Cement. 22 February 2013.