Cemetery Junction, Reading
Aerial view of Cemetery Junction in 1986
|Reading, Berkshire, UK|
Cemetery Junction is a road junction in East Reading, bordering on Newtown, in the town of Reading in the English county of Berkshire. It is a notorious bottleneck for traffic during rush hour, with the main A4 road meeting the A329 road from Wokingham.
Cemetery Junction is the title of a 2010 film, directed by Stephen Merchant and Ricky Gervais, which was released in the UK on 14 April 2010 and which tackles love and class in a small 1970s town. Gervais explained that the title of the film was taken from Cemetery Junction, Reading, an area he knew as a child. Gervais also adds "[...] it's not really set in Reading, it's any small town, anywhere in the world to be honest."
Several major bus routes serve the Cemetery Junction, including:
- Reading Buses route 17, Tilehurst–Three Tuns (Earley)
- Reading Buses routes 13 and 14, Reading–Woodley
- First Bus route 90, Reading–Wokingham–Bracknell
- Arriva route 850, Reading–High Wycombe
- Thames Travel routes 126,127,128,129 Twyford-Wokingham
- OS Opendata StreetView
- Roadworks on the way at Cemetery Junction, Reading Post, June 24, 2010.
- "The Real Cemetery Junction". Visit Reading. Retrieved 8 June 2011.
- "Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant on Cemetery Junction". BBC News. 14 April 2010. Retrieved 8 June 2011.
- "Cemetery Junction starring the Reading Post". Reading Post. Retrieved 8 June 2011.
- "Ricky Gervais is going Up the Junction". Reading Post. Retrieved 8 June 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cemetery Junction.|