Cemitério São João Batista
Cemitério São João Batista (Cemetery of Saint John the Baptist) is a private cemetery in the neighborhood of Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro owned and operated by the Santa Casa da Misericórdia do Rio de Janeiro (Holy House of Mercy of Rio de Janeiro) a charitable organization with a Catholic identity founded by the Portuguese in Rio during the colonial era. The Holy House of Mercy foundation operates the São João Bastista cemetery with a permit from the municipality of Rio de Janeiro, as in Brazil cemeteries are either owned by the municipality or operated with its permission.
- Clara Nunes - Brazilian singer
- Antonio Carlos Jobim - Brazilian musician (composer of "The Girl From Ipanema")
- Vinicius de Moraes - Brazilian poet, composer and diplomat
- Bussunda - Brazilian comedian and TV personality.
- Aurora Miranda - Portuguese-Brazilian singer, dancer, sister of Carmen
- Carmen Miranda - Portuguese-Brazilian singer and actress
- Cazuza - Brazilian composer and singer
- Chacrinha - Brazilian TV entertainer
- Heitor Villa-Lobos - Brazilian composer
- Marcelo Caetano - Prime-Minister of Portugal
- Nelson Gonçalves - Brazilian singer
- Nelson Rodrigues - Brazilian author
- Roberto Marinho - Founder of the biggest Brazilian TV channel, Rede Globo.
- Emílio Garrastazu Médici - 28th Brazilian President
- Alberto Santos-Dumont - Brazilian aviator
- Julio Ximenes Senior - Brazilian scientist, author and Brazilian Army General
- Oscar Cox - Founder of Fluminense Football Club
- Augusto Severo de Albuquerque Maranhão - Brazilian scientist and Aeronautics
- Candido Portinari - Brazilian painter
- Nelson Rodrigues - Brazilian playwright, journalist and novelist