From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up censor in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Censor may refer to:
People and organizations
- Roman censor, a magistrate for maintaining the census, supervising public morality, etc.
- Censor Librorum, an expert called on to advise the bishop of diocese whether or not to grant an imprimatur.
- Imperial censorate, a high-level supervisory agency in ancient China, whose duties involved criticizing other officials.
- Censor of St Cuthbert's Society, employed by University of Durham to oversee Society members.
- Cato Censor (Marcus Porcius Cato, 234–149 BC), Roman statesman.
- Censor (Christ Church, Oxford), the student of Christ Church, Oxford undertaking disciplinary duties assigned to deans of other colleges.
- Censor, the police of the Royal College of Physicians.
- Censorship, the control of speech and other forms of human expression.
- Censoring (statistics), the situation when the value of an observation is only partially known.
- Censor (film), a 2001 film written and directed by Dev Anand.
- "Censor" (song), a single released by the band Skinny Puppy for the song "Dogshit" in 1988.
- Sensor, a device or organ that detects or senses a signal or its environment
- Censure, a formal reprimand
- Censer, a small metal or stone dish used for burning incense
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Censor.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.