|IATA: APA – ICAO: KAPA – FAA LID: APA|
|Owner||Arapahoe County Public Airport Authority|
|Location||Dove Valley, Colorado|
|Elevation AMSL||5,885 ft / 1,794 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Centennial Airport (IATA: APA, ICAO: KAPA, FAA LID: APA) is a public use airport in Arapahoe County, Colorado, United States. It is owned by the Arapahoe County Public Airport Authority and located 15 nautical miles (17 mi, 28 km) southeast of the central business district of Denver, Colorado. This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a reliever airport.
Located in Dove Valley, an unincorporated portion of Arapahoe County, the airport’s runways also extend into neighboring Douglas County. It opened on May 12, 1967 as Arapahoe County Airport, and was renamed on July 13, 1984. The new name reflects Colorado’s admission to the Union as the 38th state in 1876, the centennial year of the United States Declaration of Independence.
Facilities and aircraft 
Centennial Airport covers an area of 1,400 acres (567 ha) at an elevation of 5,885 feet (1,794 m) above mean sea level. It has three asphalt paved runways: 17L/35R is 10,001 by 100 feet (3,048 x 30 m); 17R/35L is 7,000 by 77 feet (2,134 x 23 m); 10/28 is 4,800 by 75 feet (1,463 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2010, the airport had 283,186 aircraft operations, an average of 775 per day: 86% general aviation, 11% air taxi, and 3% military. At that time there were 858 aircraft based at this airport: 67% single-engine, 16% multi-engine, 14% jet, and 2% helicopter.
In 1985, a new control tower was built. It is an international airport with continuous U.S. Customs services and ranks as one of the busiest general aviation airports in the United States in terms of take offs and landings, with average of 874 operations per day. It is continuously served by a Federal Aviation Administration control tower and associated air traffic control services, as well as U.S. Customs. Runway 35R has a Category I Instrument Approach.
See also 
- FAA Airport Master Record for APA ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- FlightAware > Resources > Airport > Centennial Airport (Denver, Colorado) [KAPA/APA]
- Centennial Airport, official site
- Centennial Airport at Colorado DOT
- Aerial image from USGS The National Map
- (PDF), effective May 2, 2013
- FAA Terminal Procedures for APA, effective May 2, 2013
- Resources for this airport: