Center Township, Benton County, Indiana
Location of Center Township in Benton County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||53.82 sq mi (139.4 km2)|
|• Land||53.81 sq mi (139.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2)|
|Elevation||801 ft (244 m)|
|• Density||51.2/sq mi (19.8/km2)|
|Time zone||EST (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||453172|
Center Township is one of eleven townships in Benton County, Indiana. As of the 2010 census, its population was 2,757 and it contained 1,251 housing units. It was organized in June 1875 and was originally known as Prairie Township.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 53.82 square miles (139.4 km2), of which 53.81 square miles (139.4 km2) (or 99.98%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (or 0.02%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Fowler (the county seat)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Bolivar (southeast)
- Gilboa (northeast)
- Grant (southwest)
- Oak Grove (south)
- Parish Grove (west)
- Pine (east)
- Richland (northwest)
- Union (north)
- "Center Township, Benton County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Birch, Jesse Setlington (1942) . History of Benton County and Historic Oxford. Oxford, Indiana: Craw & Craw, Inc. p. 21.