Center for Bronx Non-Profits
|Area served||Bronx, NY|
The Center for Bronx Non-Profits (CBNP) is the convener of community and faith-based organizations serving the Bronx. CBNP works to strengthen organizations and the borough as a whole through professional development seminars, networking, coalition building, and educational courses. It includes the We Are The Bronx Fellowship, the Bronx Forum, the Non-Profit Certificate Program at Hostos Community College, and the Bronx Community Coalition.
The Center for Bronx Non-Profits is funded by the J.P. Morgan Chase Foundation and is managed by Hostos Community College and CAUSE-NY, the intergroup relations division of the Jewish Community Relations Council of NY (JCRC-NY), in cooperation with the Bronx Borough President's Office.
- 1 We Are The Bronx (WATB) Fellowship
- 2 The Bronx Forum
- 3 Philanthropic Development Programs at Hostos Community College
- 4 Bronx Non-Profit Coalition
We Are The Bronx (WATB) Fellowship
A nine-month professional development and networking opportunity for Bronx-based non-profits, government agencies, community, and faith-based leaders. Fellows apply for the program during the early summer and participate in two monthly meetings based around core competency skills and action-based committees. wearethebronx.org
2012-2013 Participating Organization
- Bronx AIDS Services
- Bronx Community Solutions
- Bronx Council on the Arts
- Bronx Independent Living Services
- CenterLight Health Care
- Changing the Odds at Morris Heights Health Center
- City Year New York
- Fort Schuyler House, Inc.
- FRIENDS Program @ VNSNY
- Friendship Community Church
- NYC Urban Debate League
- New York Council of Malians, Inc.
- Preston High School
- SecurPrivacy, Inc.
- Services for the Developmentally Challenged
- Sustainable South Bronx
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- The Point CDC
- Urban Family Empowerment Center
- Violence Intervention Program, Inc. (VIP)
- We Stay / Nos Quedamos
2011-2012 Participating Organizations
- American Diabetes Association
- Boogie Down Pride
- Bronx AIDS Services
- Bronx River Alliance
- Career Connections @ Future Now
- Casita Maria Center for Arts & Education
- Children's Aid Society
- CitiWide Harm Reduction
- Friends of Soundview Park
- JASA Bronx Friendship House
- Kittay House
- Madison Square Boys & Girls Club
- Montefiore's Adolescent AIDS Program
- Planned Parenthood NYC
- Renaissance Youth Center
- St. Barnabas Hospital
- Start Strong Bronx
- The Bronx Defenders
- The Groundswell Project
- U.S. Department of Justice Community Relations
- Union Community Health Center
- Visiting Nurse Services of NY
- Wildlife Conservation Society
- Workers United
2010-2011 Participating Organizations
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- American Red Cross
- Brainpower, Inc.
- Bronx Career and College Preparatory
- Bronx Christian Fellowship
- Dominican Sisters Family Health Services
- Garifuna Coalition USA, Inc.
- Gloria Wise Community Center
- Goodwill Industries
- HAC Family Services Inc.
- Legal Services for NYC - Bronx
- Mosholu Preservation Corporation
- Multicultural Music Group, Inc.
- Phipps Community Development Corporation
- Sauti Yetu Center for African Women
- South Bronx United Soccer Club
- The Bridge, Inc.
- The Children's Aid Society
- Urban Health Plan, Inc.
- Visiting Nurse Service of New York
- Wabi Sabi Productions, Inc.
- Wildcat Academy Charter School
- Word of Life International, Inc.
2009-2010 Participating Organizations
- Albert Einstein Cancer Center
- Bronx Community College
- Bronx Community Health Network, Inc.
- Casita Maria
- Children's Art Carnival
- City Year - New York
- Contemporary Ballet Theatre
- Dress for Success
- Friends of the Woods
- Grace Outreach
- Middle School 80
- Morris Heights Health Center
- New York Griot
- Administration for Children's Services
- NYC Dept. of Probation
- Promise Land Community Inc.
- South Bronx Food Cooperative
- The Bronx Guild
- The Point DC
- Voices UnBroken
- Westchester Square Partnership (WSP)
The Bronx Forum
Provides free and low-cost trainings on a variety of community and skills-based issues for non-profit, community, and faith-based professionals looking to enhance skills, network, navigate local systems, maximize resources, and professional development.
Bronx Forum Meetings
- Human Resources for Non-Profits
- Understanding 990 Forms
- What Your Community Needs to Know About Health Care Reform (in partnership with Health and Human Services)
- Financial Education for Non-Profit Organizations
- Securing and Managing City Contracts
- Fundraising in a Challenging Economy
- Non-Profit Governance and Financial Management
- Navigating the Fiscal Crisis
- Keeping Our Children Healthy
- Youth and Public Safety
- Congregational Disaster Preparedness (in partnership with Disaster Chaplaincy Services)
Philanthropic Development Programs at Hostos Community College
Offers affordable one-day seminars and semester-long certificate programs for professionals looking to increase their skills in the nonprofit field. Certificate programs include Nonprofit Management, Grant Writing, Volunteer Management, and Corporate Philanthropy.
Bronx Non-Profit Coalition
The Bronx Non-Profit Coalition (BNPC), founded by WATB alumni, is committed to supporting and sustaining livable and thriving communities in the Bronx through inspiration, engagement, dialogue, and action.