Centre for Historical Research and Documentation on War and Contemporary Society
The Centre for Historical Research and Documentation on War and Contemporary Society (Cegesoma or CEGES-SOMA) is a Belgian federal research and documentation centre based in Anderlecht, Brussels. It forms part of the Belgian Federal Science Policy Office. The institute collects documentation and carries out research on the wars and conflicts of the 20th century and their impact on Belgium. Rudi Van Doorslaer is the Director of the institute.
The Centre is a member of the European Network for Contemporary History (EURHISTXX).
The Centre was founded in 1969, and since then it has collected archives, books, periodicals, newspapers, photographs, interviews, posters, and leaflets on wars and contemporary society.
In 2014, a proposal to cut government funding to the centre was made which attracted widespread opposition. Academics at the centre defended the institute in an article for the La Libre Belgique newspaper and an online petition against the measures attracted 3,000 signatures.
- Archief en Museum voor het Vlaams Cultuurleven
- Belgian Federal Science Policy Office
- Belgium in World War I
- Belgium in World War II
- Journal of Belgian History
- National and Provincial State Archives
- Royal Library of Belgium
- "The Centre for Historical Research and Documentation on War and Contemporary Society". Belgian Federal Science Policy Office. Retrieved 2013-08-25.
- "Institutional Partners". European Network for Contemporary History. Archived from the original on 2007-07-01.[not in citation given]
- Economies fédérales: "Qui étudiera demain nos années noires ?" La Libre Belgique 26 October 2014
- Trois mille signatures pour sauver le Cegesoma, L'Avenir 9 December 2014
- Official CEGESOMA website
- "European Network for Contemporary History (EURHISTXX)". EURHISTXX. Retrieved 2013-06-07.
|This article about a scientific organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|