||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (April 2014)|
One centillion is a number, which is equal to either 10303 or 10600, depending on the system used.
In areas using the short scale, such as Canada, the US, and the UK, a centillion is 10303. It is formed on a pattern starting with a million: a million (1,000,000) has three zeroes more than a thousand (1,000); a billion (1,000,000,000) has two groups of three zeroes more than a thousand, and so on. A centillion has one hundred groups of three zeroes more than a thousand.
- A centillion is a thousand times more than a novemnonagintillion.
- A centillion is a thousandth of an uncentillion.
In long scale usage, one centillion is 10600, which is equal to (106)100; that is, it is the number with a hundred times as many zeroes as a million.
- A centillion is a thousandth times a novemnonagintilliard.
- A centillion is a millionth of a centilliard.
- A centillion is a million times a novemnonagintillion.
- A centillion is a thousand of an uncentillion.
A centillion in the long scale is equivalent to a cennovemnonagintillion in the short scale.