Central Armed Police Forces
The Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) (Hindi:केंद्रीय सशस्त्र पुलिस बल) are the following five security forces of the union of India under the authority of Ministry of Home Affairs (India). Only these five forces are collectively referred to Central Armed Police Forces. 
List of Central Armed Police Forces
The following are the five police forces and their objectives.
Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- The Rapid Action Force (RAF), a 10 battalion anti-riot force trained to respond to sectarian violence.
- The Commando Battalion for Resolute Action (COBRA), a 10 battalion strong anti-Naxalite/COIN force.
Border Security Force (BSF)
The primary role of the Border Security Force is to police border areas of the country, except the mountains. It has all police powers in its jurisdiction. It has 240,000 personnel in 186 battalions, and is headed by an Indian Police Service Officer.
Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
The Indo-Tibetan Border Police is deployed for guarding duties on the border with China from Karakoram Pass in Ladakh to Diphu La in Arunachal Pradesh covering a total distance of 2488 km. It has 77,000 personnel in 55 battalions.
Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
One of the largest industrial security forces in the world, the Central Industrial Security Force provides security to various PSUs and other critical infrastructure installations across the country. It has a total strength of about 112,000 personnel in 132 battalions.
Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
The objective of the Sashastra Seema Bal (English: Armed Border Force) is to guard the Indo-Nepal and Indo-Bhutan Borders. It has 82,000 personnel and 73 battalions, as well as some reserved battalions.
- "For the paramilitary, all’s in a new name". www.telegraphindia.com. The Telegraph - Calcutta. Retrieved 2 February 2015.
- GreaterKashmir.com (Greater Service) (2011-04-18). "CRPF ALL SET FOR IMAGE MAKEOVER". Greaterkashmir.com. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- "CRPF to induct 38 new battalions in the coming years". Zeenews.com. Retrieved 2014-02-26.
- "‘CRPF to raise 37 new battalions by 2018’". Indian Express. 2010-03-13. Retrieved 2014-02-26.
- "COBRA to sting Naxal virus: new force gets Centre nod". Financial Express. 2008-08-29. Retrieved 2014-02-26.
- IBTL (2012-12-01). "Border Security Force ( BSF ) - Duty unto Death | Dec 1, 1965 Foundation Day - IBTL". Ibtl.in. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- "First ever women BSF to guard the Indian borders". Ibnlive.in.com. 2009-07-18. Retrieved 2014-02-26.
- "::Welcome to". Newsbharati.com. 2013-02-23. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- "Indo-Tibetan Border Police". Archive.india.gov.in. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- "ITBP to have 90,000-strong force by 2015". Hindustan Times. 2012-10-26. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- "ITBP to get 15 new battalions". Indian Express. 2009-10-24. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- "About CISF". Cisf.nic.in. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- "Govt to recruit 20,000 women in paramilitary forces in 3 years". NDTV.com. 2011-05-12. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- "Guarding the Nation’s Frontiers | eGov Magazine". Egov.eletsonline.com. 2013-03-06. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- Media related to Central Armed Police Forces at Wikimedia Commons